Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New York Fashion Week--Part 1

I had the amazing opportunity to attend MBFW (Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week) in New York this year and it was one of the most amazing experiences ever!  I went with my Piper Street partner in crime, Sarah, and we met up with beauty blogger Kristie from Blushing Basics (check out her amazing blog!!!) and another cute girl Sarah W.  We got there Friday afternoon and hit the ground running!  We didn't stop for three days straight and honestly, I would have had it no other way!  I was able to see three runway shows, go backstage and peek in on the behind the scenes action (hair and make-up craziness!), rub shoulders with a few celebs (literally, I passed through the same doorway at the same time as Whoopi Goldberg backstage one evening going the opposite direction), got my hair and make-up done at the Zappos lounge, did a few photo shoots for Piper Street in the streets on NYC, fit in a little shopping time, stopped by Serendipity, Dylan's Candy Bar and of course found the local Jamba Juice, attended the Gig New York and Yosi Samra lounge and met so many great people in the industry.  It was a dream!  

I've been asked by many what my favorite part was...it was for sure the runway shows.  Just to be there and see the catwalk, the drama, the energy and excitement of it all...it was magical!  And the clothes...I die!  One night while backstage two giant racks full of 2015 S/S Monique Lhuillier dresses were being pushed by...oh, the excitement!  We were able to see the Carmen Marc Valvo show on Friday afternoon, the Venexiana  show on Saturday night and the David Tlale show on Sunday afternoon.  I loved all three shows for different reasons!  When time came to go home I felt so fulfilled...like we had done everything I had hoped and so much more!  It really was one of those weekends you dream of but think might never happen...but it did.  I feel so lucky and blessed!

Here are some pictures of our adventures...

Day 1

First stop of the day was the Carmen Marc Valvo show!!!  It was fab!!!


Sarah and I at Lincoln Center after the show



We met up with our cute Piper Street model, Shannon Bird from Birdalamode and visited the Gigi New York and Yosi Samara lounge...so fun!


We changed for the evening and after dinner at "Landmark" we went backstage to catch some of the behind the scenes action... seeing a few of these roll by with loads of gorgeous dresses from the Monique Lhuillier show was not a bad thing. =)



And then after that we indulged a little...perhaps. 


Day 2



The view from in front of our hotel Saturday morning as we left...it was beautiful!!!



Sarah and I on Lincoln Center plaza first thing


We headed over to the Zappos lounge and got our hair done at the braid bar and I experimented with red lipstick for the first time in my adult years...I ended up loving the Lorac brand--"Leading Lady" color. =)


I met up with an old friend from high school, Amber, at the local Jamba Juice...of course. =)  She is UBER talented and is now in "Aladdin" on Broadway!!!  So proud of her!


We shopped for a bit in the Time Warner center and found a little piece of heaven...caramel macaroon from Bouchon Bakery...YUM!!!

The rest of Day 2 and Day 3 to come!

xoxo,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment