Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wearing: Nora Peplum Top...and check out this CUTE Target find!!!

Happy Thursday!

We've almost made it through week one at school and so far so good!  Of course there's been very little homework and we're already looking forward to a three-day weekend coming up...we get excited about things like that around here. =)  Do you have any big plans for Labor Day weekend?  Hubby and I decided we're gonna throw a good ole' fashion backyard bash on Monday afternoon...we'll be BBQ'ing with friends so we're looking forward to that.  We wanted to have something fun for all the kids to do while they're here so I started googling ideas.  The number one thing people suggested to help keep kids busy at a backyard BBQ was renting a bouncy house so that's what we did.  Should be fun!

Onto a little fashion talk...

Last week before school started we attended the annual "Meet the Teacher" night. I ended up wearing an outfit from my "Back to School: 10 Looks for Mom" post for this event:


Original Polyvore set for this look can be found HERE

Nora Peplum Top-Anthropologie
Legging Skimmer Jeans-Gap
Harachi Cork Wedges-Target
Candy Cluster Necklace-Anthropologie
Bardot Earrings-Stella & Dot
Bracelet-Banana Republic
Aqua Stone Stretch Ring-Loft

I felt perfectly dressed for the event and very comfortable.  It was fun to meet the boy's teachers and run into friends from last year as well.  It got the school year off to a great start!

You may notice the above picture was taken in a Target dressing room (the red gives it away)...that's because I stopped by there earlier that day and ended up trying a few things on.  I just had to share the cutest top I found while I was there!  Let me preface this by saying I used to have a serious issue with any piece of clothing with a bird on it.  Like, I wouldn't even pick it up to consider.  However after having a change of heart about bird prints now (I bought a chair for my family room that had a bird print on it without realizing it was a bird print...whoops) I just seem to be drawn to them!  I still don't love all bird prints, but this cute top just had me at hello:


Isn't that cute?!  Not only is the small bird print adorbs, but the bright blue color of the top alone is fab.  It has an elastic waist band (under the belt that comes with it...cheapie belt, by the way, but it can be changed out) which helps nip in at the waist and gives it a short tunic-ish look.  I LOVED it!  And at $22.99 what's not to love?  For reference I took this in an X-Small.  This cute top came home with me that day.  I also grabbed it in the solid kelly green color it came in.  It had a swiss-dot print (raised dots the same color) on it, which gave it a fun textured look.  These tops are both perfect for fall.  They can be layered with tons of different colored cardis and paired with lots of colored jeans.  I've tried to find them online but I'm not seeing them yet, so check in-stores to see if they're in stock.  They are made by "Mossimo Supply Co." just in case you're wondering.  

I'm off to the gym for the second half of my workout.  I've been getting my runs in early before the boys wake up and go to school so now I'm headed to the gym for some weights.  FUN! =)

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Look at you, all matching with Target dressing rooms! :) I love both of those tops! Mostly I am just crazy impressed with your workout routine. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally match the room, don't I! lol. Thanks Misty!

      Delete
  2. I ended up getting that nora top too but lately it's been way too hot to wear it. I know it's short sleeved but the material is pretty thick. And i love that target bird top! I'll have to keep my eye out for it next time i'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric on this top is a little thicker, I agree, but where I live, it hasn't felt like summer hardly at all this year! Until this week, of course, when the kids had to go back to school. Cruel twist of fate! The bird top would look totally cute on you...keep an eye out!

      Delete
  3. Great find. You look adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Target find! You look great in both tops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not fashion related, but could you do a post on how you get your hair like that?!?! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on surviving your first week of back to school!! My kids just started school too so I know what you mean about looking forward to a long weekend. A BBQ sounds wonderful!! And I love love the Nora Peplum top on you!! I tried it on but the peplum hit me at all the wrong places. It's so hard to find the perfect peplum. It looks like you found the perfect one for you!!

    ReplyDelete