Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What I'm Loving: Free People Ruffle Hem Twill Jacket (Review included)

A few posts ago I shared some fall items I had my eye on and asked you if there were any items you were loving too...I love hearing what new items other people are into.  One reader (hi Melissa!) posted a comment about the Free People Ruffle Hem Twill Jacket she recently found and how much she loved it and how she thought I would too.  Of course I had to take a look!  Let's just say it was love at first sight:



I was just talking to my friend a little bit ago about how I would love to find an army green coat of some sort to incorporate into my wardrobe since I didn't have one.  I really liked the idea of this one because it isn't the typical longer style you mostly see...I loved the cropped fit and the ruffles on the back.  The lacing on the sleeves was a fun idea as well.  Little details like that really go along way in making something extra special I think.

I oooh'd and ahhh'd over the picture of the jacket online for a few days before I decided to order it to see how it fit.  I was mostly concerned with the length, seeing as how many cropped jackets are too cropped on my long torso.  I ordered two sizes, an x-small and small, just to see the difference.  Nordstrom's shipping was super fast as usual and they arrived at my house only two days after I placed the order.  I love ordering through Nordstrom also because of their free shipping both ways.  It's nice to know I could order two sizes and ship one or both back if they didn't work out.  When they arrived I tried them both on and found the x-small to fit best.  The size small was much baggier and when buttoned, gave no defined waist.  When I put the x-small on, however, it was LOVE!


(I just threw it on over what I was wearing and snapped a few pictures in my downstairs bathroom so this hasn't been intentionally styled or anything)  

This jacket (in x-small) fit like a glove.  The one place it could have fit better was in the sleeves...they are a touch long, but that didn't bother me.  The jacket is nipped in at the waist when buttoned up, and there's still room to wear a lightweight sweater underneath.  I live in Ohio so I don't plan on being able to wear this in the dead of winter or anything...I only need room for a lightweight something underneath for fall or spring.  I love that this is a fresh take on a mix between a jacket and a blazer.  We'll call it a "jazer" or maybe a "blacket".  It just has a cool vibe to it.  It's definitely a keeper and I can't wait to rock it this fall!

Have you tried this on or seen it yet?  Since hearing about it from a reader I've seen it mentioned on a few other fashion blogs (HERE on "Pinterest Told Me To") so I know it's starting to get noticed.  Piperlime already sold out of it in my size a few days before I planned on using my rewards points towards it...boo!  Luckily Nordstrom still had it in stock in a full range of sizes though....and still does.  

Is this something you'd wear?  Is it a stretch?  Tell me what you think!  Thanks so much Melissa for pointing out this great find...you were right!  I loved it!

I'm off to get my hair done today...it really needs it!  I'm definitely getting an inch or so trimmed off and I think I may throw in some caramel highlights for fall...we'll see.  

Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. that is such a great jacket on you! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can't wait to see how you style it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Misty! Can't wait for fall weather to arrive so I can play with it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mention Jenni! It looks GREAT on you! Your itty bitty waist compliments the jacket very nicely!!! And I love it with that striped shirt and necklace. Can't wait to see it in different outfits all throughout the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a fun jacket to play with in the fall, for sure! Now if only the fall weather we've had all summer would come back! Now that school has started the 80's finally showed up. lol

      Delete
  4. It looks so good on you! I actually like it with the striped top and jeans, that makes the gorgeous necklace really stand out! Congrats on your new jacket! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's such a versatile piece that it'll go great with so many things I think! =)

      Delete
  5. Jenni,
    They have this jacket on a mannequin at Von Maur at Polaris Fashion Place and they did a cool thing to make the sleeves shorter. Hard to explain but they folded them up a little bit and re-laced them. Looks cool...check it out.
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that idea!! I'll have to give that a try! Thanks!! :)

      Delete
  6. I knew that you would like it. I love mine too and can't wait to wear it. Yes, the arms are too long, especially on me but I just rolled them up and it's still as cute as ever. I think it will go with tons of stuff and it's a quick and easy piece to put on as the final piece to a great looking outfit.

    ReplyDelete