Monday, January 3, 2011

And just like that, it's 2011!!!

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!! Hope you all had a great New Years!! By the way, I changed my blog color to ring in the new year...it was time for a change. We've been living it up Legoland/Disney style the past few days and just returned home last night....we had such a fun trip!! My room now looks like a bomb went off in it with all the laundry piles and luggage...it truly makes me a little crazy to see it all in such disarray. It's gonna take me a few days to recover and get it all cleaned up I'm sure. I spent all afternoon cleaning up and putting away Christmas decor so at least I've got that out of the way now. Thankfully we still have a few more days before reality kicks in and the daily schedules resume. My husband just returned home after being gone for two months on rotations so it's nice to have all five of us under the same roof again.

So with the new year comes new year's resolutions....I have a few in mind. I mostly make the same goals year after year...keep up on the exercise, keep in touch with old friends, spend quality time with my husband and kids, try to keep my house picked up and orderly, keep spiritually uplifted, make a budget and stick to it...you know, the same goals we all make. This year I have a few more to add in: do more family blogging on my personal blog, run another 10K (Thanksgiving morning and maybe another one in there sometime) and read more. Nothing too big...I got my degree in Health Sciences and in all my classes we talked about setting realistic goals...I don't shoot too far so I don't completely fail! =)

Today was of course, the first Sunday of the new year. Our church schedule changes this year to 9:00am which is a vast difference from our 1pm time schedule last year. 9:00am church means I have to get up by 6:30am...no fun. It is nice, however, to be home the rest of the day together to relax. My husband popped some popcorn and the kids watched a movie while it rained outside...nice and cozy. When I woke up this morning all I wanted to do was be warm so I decided to pull out a turtleneck, sweater tights and boots to go with my skirt.



Details:
-Turtleneck Sweater-Gap (Winter 2009)
-Skirt-Down East Basics (2009)
-Sweater Tights-???
-Belt-Gap (Fall 2010)
-Headband-Target
-Franco Sarto boots-Nordstrom (2008)
-Ring-Jewelry party-OLD
-Earrings-Forever 21

I took some OOTD pictures last week on our vacation...didn't remember to do it everyday but here's what I did take:

Monday-Travel Day:



Details:
-Top-Anthropologie (got this on sale a few weeks ago in-store for $22!!!)
-Skinny Jeans-American Eagle
-City Flats-Gap
-Bracelet-Old Navy
-Kenneth Cole Earrings-Macy's
-Ring-Forever 21

My kids and I drove to where my husband was working the past two months to pick him up on the way to San Diego. There just happened to be an Anthro 10 minutes from his hotel so after we ate hubby took the kids for a while so I could go make a return and browse a little. I ended up trying on a few things but didn't find anything new and exciting to snap a picture of. I did use their dressing room to snap a quick OOTD picture though. The lighting in the dressing room was terrible! It was so dark...kind of felt like I was in a cave!

Tuesday-Day #1 of Legoland:



I took this at the end of the day...you can tell because my hair is super wavy instead of curly. I'm sure the wind we were in had something to do with that! =) Sorry for the awful picture quality...it was like 10pm with hotel room lighting!

Details:

-Cardigan-Love 21 (recent purchase)
-Top-Ann Taylor Outlet
-Always Skinny Jeans-Gap
-Belt-Nordstrom (BP) (Fall 2010)
-Dollhouse Boots-Endless
-Hair clip-Old Navy
-Necklace-Lisa Leonard Designs
-Ring-Forever 21
-Earrings-Express

I totally love this cardigan...I decided to wear mine open and belted...on me it looked better this way that buttoned up I thought.

Wednesday-Day #2 of Legoland:

No picture of this day...it rained cats and dogs. I didn't even try to look cute. I threw my hair up in a ponytail, put on my big Northface puffy jacket and rain boots and did my best just to survive the weather. It wasn't a pretty sight, I promise.

Thursday-Day #1 of Disney:





The weather was cold...but with all the layers I stayed warm. I took that second picture when I got back to the hotel...I look tired. Sorry it's so bright!

Details:
-Cowlneck Sweater-Forever 21 (Fall 2009)
-Ultimate Skinny Jeans-Banana Republic
-Coat-Down East Basics (Fall 2009)
-Kachiri Boots-Target (Fall 2010)
-Hat-J Crew Outlet (Fall 2010)
-Ring-Pac Sun
-Earrings-Express

Friday-Day #2 of Disney:



Details:
-Shawl Neck Cardigan-American Eagle (Fall 2010)
-Tiered Tank-Old Navy (Summer 2010)
-Skinny Cords-Loft (Fall 2010)
-Scarf-J Crew Outlet (Fall 2010)
-Dollhouse Boots-Endless (Winter 2010)
-Earrings-Target
-Necklace-J Crew Outlet
-Ring-Forever 21

Another chilly day/night at Disney...but oh-so-much fun! We didn't quite make it till midnight. I was actually fast asleep in my bed by the time the new year rang in. After a long week of amusement parks I was exhausted. All five of us slept in till 9:00am on New Year's day...bliss.

So that was my vacation week in outfits. It was a challenge to pack for this trip as we weren't sure what type of weather to expect, especially since we'd be in San Diego part of the time and LA the rest. Would it rain? Would it be warm during the day? Freezing at night? I ended up doing a lot of layers for both me and the boys and it was the way to go. We ended using them all!

Tomorrow I'll start the laundry and try to find the floor again in my room. I also have returns to make at Gap, Banana, Target and Old Navy. It'll take me all week to get to all those places with all my kids in tow I'm sure. My Easy Keeper skirt, Glowing Leaf skirt and Floral Frappe top from Anthro all came while I was away...I love them all! I am so glad I picked up the Glowing Leaf skirt...the colors are so pretty and the design is unique...AND it goes perfectly with the Loosely Looped top (in grey) my friend Elise gave me for Christmas. To top it off it was a rockin' deal with the 25% off. I am hoping the Volante Tee and Floral Frappe tops hit sale at Anthro on Tuesday...I'd love a PA or two! =)

Off to get ready for bed...have a great Monday!!! =)

12 comments:

  1. great 2011 goals! I missed you - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jenni! The trip sounded great and you looked fab in all your pics! :) I also have the piles and piles of laundry and unpacked bags still layiing around, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I am so jealous of your Disney trip - so fun - you looked great while on vacation. I especially love you in the f21 sweater and that cute green coat - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your disney outifts! We want to take the kids to Disney next year in December but who knows!? We also switched to the 9 am church from 1 and I am happy to not have to battle the kids during nap time but hate getting up so early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great (but busy!)week. The outfits were all great! I love that cardigan on Tuesday. By the way, you look nice in a hat...not everyone can pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and glad to hear you had such a great time on vacation. I didn't realize it'd be that cold in Southern Cal to warrant a wool coat and hat! Brr! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Sunday outfit! Our church time switched from 8:00 am to 10:00, and we couldn't be happier! I can't believe you have to get up that early now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic in skinny bottoms - your legs rock!

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy--Thanks! I feel so loved! =)

    Shopwithm--thanks!! GOod luck on the laundry!

    Jan--thanks girlie! Your boys would love Disney I'm sure...have you guys been?

    Tricia--thanks so much! I was super worried about terrible wait time and whatnot since it was the busiest week of the year at Disney but it wasn't all that bad and SOOO fun to see all the amazing decor! And I agree...it is nice to come home after church and put the little guy down for a nap!!!

    Leah--it's so funny you complimened me on the hat (by the way-thanks!) because this is the first hat I've ever felt realy comfortable in...it molds to my head perfectly! I HAD to have it!!! =)

    Cindi--it indeed does get cold in So Cal...only in the summer months are you guarenteed warmth! =)

    whenlifehandsyoupaper--thanks! I'm jealous of 10am church...even an extra hour later would help!!! =)

    Lisa--you are so sweet..thanks! I have always had chicken legs...they finally came in handy when the skinny jeans trend came back onto the scene!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a fun vacation! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love all your outfits! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all the outfits, especially the one with the Finessed T-neck, I wish I had picked that up! I just got my Glowing Leaf Skirt too and it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete