Tuesday, September 24, 2013

For the love of mint...and family picture outfit planning!

It's official...I love everything mint.  Can't get enough.  


Original Polyvore set for this look can be found HERE

Top-Gap Factory
Deconstructed Always Skinny Skimmer Jeans-Gap
DV by Dolce Vita "Tex" Cork Wedge-Francesca's Collections
Riverstone Necklace-Anthropologie
Pinspark Cuff-Anthropologie
Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry Chrono" Watch-Piperlime
Elench Dollop Hoops-Anthropologie
Linked Circle Ring-Anthropologie

I'm also loving the fact that fall is finally here!  And you know what that means...family picture time!   Every year I spend way too long trying to put together outfits that coordinate well for our family pictures.  After mulling over it for a few weeks I think I've finally got it all figured out for this year:

Family Pictures 2013--The Plan


I've gotten everything ordered that needed to be ordered and I'm hoping it all looks as good together in real life as it does in my head.  I usually choose 3 main colors to stick to when planning outfits for pictures.  Last year we did bluish-teal, orange and golden yellow and this year it ended up being green, blue and red.  I think it will be a good color combo for outdoor shots...crossing my fingers!

Does your family do family pictures every year?  Have you planned out your outfits yet?  What colors are you going with?  If you're still in need of some color combos or outfit ideas you can always check out Pinterest...there's a plethora of ideas!

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Outfit planning for family pictures is so stressful! Love what you have picked out, I'm sure they will turn out fabulous!

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally stressful when it comes to doing it for your own family! I can help others with no problem...I'm just extra picky about my own! Thanks! =)

      Delete
  2. Like your picks too. We have family photos with our newborn this Friday. I'm wearing one of your inspired looks (thank you very much), the parkway convertible top with skinny jeans, booties and a statement necklace. Can't wait to get some photos with our new son in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that will be cute! Glad I could help! Hope they go well!

      Delete
  3. Your family outfits are perfect, can I hire you to pick mine out? Ha Ha. I always struggle with coordinating outfits for pictures, I have 2 girls and they are very pickey. Also love your Birthday picks, super cute. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...like I said, helping others pick things out is so much easier for me than choosing my own! How fun to be able to throw some cute girl clothes and accessories into the mix...I have no idea what that's like! =) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love mint, too. This week I wore mint pants, a mint t-shirt, and a mint skirt (on different days, of course).

    The outfits you picked out look great. Hope you have good weather for your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think pairing a lighter mint top and a darker mint bottom together would be cute! Go for it!!! =) I'm hoping for good weather too...crossing my fingers! You never know around here. Last year we had to cancel and reschedule due to rain...we shall see!

      Delete
  5. I love the outfits you picked out for your family photo Jenni! Genius!! I always tend to go with 1 or 2 color tones so I love how you mixed a few colors together. I can't wait to see the actual family portraits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I hope it all turns out well!! =)

      Delete