Thursday, September 19, 2013

Birthday Box and Bootie Reviews (with an OOTD)

A few days ago I came home and found a package from Anthropologie on my doorstep.  It was my birthday box...yay!  I ended up using my birthday discount on three items this year.  I'm so excited to add them all to my closet:

Anthropologie Birthday Picks

Anthropologie Birthday Picks by jennifoundinmycloset featuring a petite tweed jacket

(Click on the picture above for item details)

I can't wait to wear all of these fab items!

The jacket is to-die-for-cute and will go with so many things in my closet, the boots are unlike any other shoe I own (hello scallops!!!) and I love the unique height and the plum cardigan is SOOO soft and pretty.  It will be a constant fall/winter staple, I'm sure.

It was a good birthday. =)

Not to mention I received such thoughtful gifts from a few friends including an Anthro gift card from my cute friend Sarah (shout out!) and this gorgeous necklace off my birthday wish list from my BFF Elise (holla!!):


Many thanks girls!  Shout outs to a few other friends for spoiling me with flowers and treats too (Cassie, Becky and Heather).  Just in case any of you are in the market for an amazing headband, especially to use while working out, my friend Heather makes amazing headbands that actually stay in place!  I've tried every elastic headband under the sun and none of them stay on my head, but hers does!   She also makes the cutest scarves and very cool sports ball-shaped floor quilts.  Such fun ideas for holiday gifts!  Check out her fun ETSY shop HERE and tell her Jenni sent ya if you end up buying anything! 

Onto a few bootie reviews...




After reading reviews online and seeing Jessica's great review of these cute booties I ended up ordering a size 39.  For reference I usually wear an 8.5 or 9 in shoes.  The 39's fit great!  I'd say they fit true to size. They are a pull-on style shoe which worked fine for me as I had no problem getting them on.  Once on, I found them to be very comfortable.  The heel height is perfect for daily wear...they aren't too tall, but just right.  The quality of the leather is fab...it's super soft yet sturdy and will hold up well I think.  There are color variations in the leather...darker in some spots which I was surprised by (didn't notice it in online pictures) but I think it only adds character.  The one thing I found odd about them is the fact that the ties that go around the bootie are not actually attached.  They can be pulled right off.  I do wish this wasn't the case and that they were permanently affixed on but it obviously isn't a deal breaker.  As I wore them around the house they seemed to stay in place without an issue.  Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase and can't wait to wear these!  I plan on treating them with a leather protector before wearing them as I do with all my boots to give them a longer lifespan.  

 DV by Dolce Vita "Ilsa" Bootie



Last fall was my first time ever purchasing booties.  I've tried a few pairs now and find that I wear different styles for specific kinds of outfits.  I have a pair of tie, wedge booties that are great for more casual looks, and I have a pair of heeled booties that have a wider opening at the ankle that are good for wearing with jeans (tucked in).  I still really wanted to find a pair that had a heel but would be good to wear with cropped pants.  I searched high and low and finally found these DV booties.  The lower ankle profile was exactly what I was wanting so I gave them a shot.  I ordered my regular DV size, an 8.5 and they fit perfectly.  The upper is made of a a suede material and the heel height is great at 3".  They are very comfortable and feel sturdy.  I loved the way they looked on and feel like they will integrate well into my wardrobe.  I would deem these the perfect fall bootie because of their neutral color, perfect height and ability to be paired with skirts, cropped pants, denim, skinny cargos, etc.  They will go with everything!  I was excited to find these on sale at Amazon for 30% off last week but see now that they are all sold out in this color unfortunately(except size 8.5 actually).   They are still fully stocked at Nordstrom and Anthropologie though.  I highly recommend these booties!

Here's how I wore them for the first time yesterday:


Knit Sleeve Chiffon Top-Forever 21
3/4 Sleeve Cardigan-Nordstrom (BP
Brinjal Pendant Necklace-Anthropologie
Crystal Blossom Drop Earrings-J Crew Factory
Bracelet-Twisted Silver
Flower Bud Ring-J Crew

Are you a bootie kind of girl?  Do you own any?  What do you think about these?  Let me know!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Great b-day items and I love the boots and booties. Thanks for the reviews. I also love the printed skinnies from JC Factory and the outfit is perfection. You are a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! The printed skinnies are fun...check them out!

      Delete
  2. love the tied booties..SO unique:)
    and the others are classics that will take you ANYWHERE!!!
    what great taste you have girlie!!!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boots and booties are so cute! I love how you styled the booties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booties are my thang! I just find them uber-versatile and have worn them with literally everything. In fact, I placed an order at UO to stock up on a couple of colors that I don't already own :O Sam Edelman is a great brand for booties, and found at UO!

    ReplyDelete