Thursday, December 23, 2010

Running Around in Red

Half way through the last week before Christmas!!! Today was spent finishing up friend/neighbor gifts and then delivering them...we were in the car quite a bit. My kids are a little annoyed with me I think. They'd rather be home destroying my house...you know, they're favorite pastime. I decided to wear some more red today...gotta show some Christmas spirit at the front door!



Details:
-Ruffle front top-J Crew
-Breezy Polka Cardigan-Anthropologie
-Always Skinny Jeans-Gap
-Boots-Urban Outfitters
-Necklace-Banana Republic Outlet
-Kenneth Cole Earrings-Macy's
-Ring-Forever 21

I picked this sweater up a few months back after it went on sale...I had originally planned on holding out until second cuts but am now glad I got it when I did because they're very hard to find now and they've STILL yet to hit second cut. The old me would have most definitely felt the need to pair this outfit with black boots because there's black in the polka dot ribbon...but the me today loved pairing it with these tan boots (they match the buttons on the cardigan). I think it makes the look a little more fun.

So I snapped a quick picture of what I delivered to our friends today...here ya go:





If you've ever heard the saying "Keep Calm and Carry On" then you'll recognize that this is a little twist on that. Apparently the original phrase was coined in 1939 by the British government at the start of WWII. Signs with the saying were printed with plans to place them all over the country to boost morale in a down time but were never really used much after there was a backlash at the idea of the meaning behind it. Anyhow, years later in 2000 the phrase was brought to life again and there have been lots of creative variations of the phrase that have now come forth (one of my favorites is for Halloween--"Keep Calm and Scary On") and this is one I found for the Christmas season. I found these frames at Michael's on sale for $4.99 and then had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase so I got them for $4 a piece. I downloaded the printable sign for free and then had them printed at my local Costco for $1.50 each. I paired it with a little treat bag full of my homemade caramels. I found a cute printable sheet of tags that said "Merry Christmas" on them to place on the treat bag...I just printed them and punched them out with a large circle punch I had on hand. All pretty cheaply done...which is what I was looking for when I had 13-14 families to make things for.

Tomorrow I don't have a whole lot planned...I'll be getting up bright and early before the sun to get my morning run in before the kids get up and then I'll be waiting for the roof repair man to show up to fix my leaky roof. It started leaking last night right on top of my Christmas tree....luckily I caught it before it hit any presents. I had to rearrange furniture and move the tree across the room which was a bit of a pain...all at around midnight last night (did you notice the background in my OOTD picture was a little different??) Hopefully they can get this taken care of quickly! After the repairman leaves I need to go deliver our last few gifts to friends and then make a run to Target for a some last minute things and then Friday we head to my parents for the day to celebrate Christmas Eve with them. Fun fun! Can't believe the month is almost over!

Well, I better get going and be productive while it's nice and quiet...hope you have a Happy Thursday!!!=)

6 comments:

  1. Love that red cardigan! It's so festive and perfect for this time of year.

    That print you gave out is so cute. What a great (and inexpensive) gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardigan paired with your brown boots - great choice! Wow - your neighbor gifts are SO COOL. Can I be your neighbor? =) hahahaha
    How awful about your roof leaking. Hoping they get the problem fixed quickly for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable neighbor gifts - those turned out so cute! And the Breezy Polkas is gorgeous and festive on you , love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I've mostly paired my Breezy Polkas with skirts/dresses, but I definitely need to wear it with jeans...maybe this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling gift for your neighbors! I think the cardi is the perfect thing to wear while delivering them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. acccck! I want to be your neighbor!! Keep Calm & Carry On is my favorite saying - I have a huge one hanging in my living room! I have never seen these. So cute!! I love it. You are clever. And you looked wonderful while delivering in your red cardi and cool boots! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete