Anyone else lose a little sleep Monday night/Tuesday morning waiting up for Anthro to bring their sale online? No? Just me? =) Well, I did...and instead of sale prices promptly showing up at 12 midnight, it was 12:40am before the sale gods smiled upon us. Darn them anyways. I was waiting up to see if I could snag these pretty little things:
And snag them up I did!!! For a little over 50% off at that! I picked them up in two sizes since I'm unsure which will fit...one will of course be returned. I was also super excited to see the Peppered and Striped Skirt that I bought just a few days ago go on sale with an extra 25% off with the promo...woo hoo! I went to bed a happy girl. After all that excitement could it really get any better?? Um, YES!!! Yesterday was my day off from reality as my girlfriends and I headed out (no kids allowed) to our local Anthro to check out the sale in person. I had called ahead and had them put a few things on hold for me to try on but of course I managed to find a few additional things that tempted me as I walked around the store. I snapped a few pictures for reviews...a couple things are repeats as I wanted to try things to check sizes again. By the way, how is it that 2 1/2 hours pass like a flash when you're in Anthro with your girlfriends?
1. Can't find the name of either of these items...the sweater (Small) was on sale for $99.95 and the top (small) was on sale for $29.95. I liked them both but couldn't swallow the sweater price even with the 25% off...not in LOVE enough. I did bring this top home with me though...it's a great layering piece and even a stand alone shirt as well. With the promo it was only $22.50...score!
2. Garden Rows Top (XS) and Delicate Drafts Cardigan (XS):
This tank was probably my favorite new find of the day...it's been on my wish list ever since it came out but when I tried it on with this cardigan it was love. I had previously settled on a size small in this cardigan but am glad I tried it on again because I changed my mind...going for the XS now. It just fits better all around. The last time I tried it on it was just "meh" for me, but this time I really liked it. Funny how that happens! The tank fit perfectly and wasn't too low in the front which was a plus. They didn't have a small to compare but I would stick to am XS in this. Both these items are at the top of my wish list now.
3. Striped and Peppered Skirt (size 4) and Volante Tee (XS):
As I mentioned before I have already ordered this skirt and it's on it's way to me as we speak but I'd never actually tried it on so I decided to bring it in the dressing room to see what it looked like on...and I LOVE it! So glad I sprung for it...and even happier it's now on sale! It fit perfectly hitting at my knee (bottom of it even) which is how it's meant to hang from what I can tell from seeing it on other bloggers. In my head pairing this with the purple Volante tee looked so super cute...in person I'm not sure how it turned out. I actually don't mind the pairing but like my friend had mentioned, another color may look better...but I wouldn't discount this pairing altogether. What do you think? I decided to get this top at full price...it's getting harder and harder to find and maybe...JUST MAYBE it will go on sale in the next 14 days?!!
4. Floral Frappe Top (XS) and Easy Keeper Skirt (wearing size 4 but ordered a size 2 from another store):
This is the first time I'd seen this top in person and I liked the rich green color even better in real life! It's a very flattering shirt...I immediately knew I wanted it. In fact, I may go back for the navy blue version when it hits sale! I had put this skirt on hold in a size 4 since that's what I tried on last time but this time around it just didn't fit right. It was much too big in just the waistband when I sat it high on my waist...it puckered out. I panicked because my store was out of size 2 but luckily I was able to find it at another store and do a charge send. I used my gift card to purchase both of these pieces...only had to pay an extra $17 to cover them both so I feel pretty good about that! =) Thank you to my in laws for my gift card!
5. Akome Top (size 0) and Sweater (??? name???)-size XS or small... I can't remember:
I have liked this top for a long time just from the pictures online but this was the first time I had tried it on. My normal size 2 in this top was super boxy and I was drowning in it. The size 0 fit much better but was far too short for my liking. Pass on this. The sweater was cute but there was just way too much of it for me and at $99.95 on sale it still seemed too steep. Pass.
So did I totally blow my December wish list rules? Well, here's a recap of what I picked up from the sale:
1. Striped and Peppered Skirt-from my wish list--bought on sale
2. Volante Tee-from my wish list--bought at full price--hoping for PA in the next 14 days. I can cancel this purchase out really though because my return just about covered the cost.
3. Floral Frappe Top-from my wish list--bought at full price--doubt I'll get a PA in the next 14 days---TOTALLY broke the rules on this one BUT I used a gift card to buy it so really, no rules broken.
4. Anticipation Heels-from my wish list--bought on sale
5. Easy Keeper Skirt-from my wish list--bought on sale--used a gift card to cover most of the cost.
6. No name Brown high-neck top--NOT from wish list--bought on super sale--broke the rules on this one but it was only $22.50! I don't feel too bad about this one.
7.Glowing Leaf Skirt-from my wish list--bought on sale--we'll see if I like this one in person...I've never seen it in real life before. I did a charge send for this so it should be here in a few days.
So I took out about half of my wish list with this sale...but the awesome thing is that I only spent about half as much as I would have because of sales, a return and my gift card. Since a few of the things I bought were charge sends it means some happy mail is on it's way to me!! I just hope everything arrives this week...I'm impatient. I don't feel too badly about what I purchased...I think I got some great deals and pretty much stuck to the plan...minus a few things that I of course found ways to justify. =)
Here's what I wore out on our shopping adventure:
-Polka Dot Tank-Loft
-Grosgrain Ribbon Cardigan-Loft
-Ultimate Skinny Jeans-Banana Republic
-Shiri Suede Over the Knee Heeled Boots-Loft
-Necklace-Tiffany (gift from my husband)
So just three days before Christmas...are you ready?? I am putting some finishing touches on our friend/neighbor gifts...we'll be heading out today to deliver them. I'll post a quick picture of what I'm giving this year to post...they turned out cute! I have a few more gifts to wrap (forgot about a few things), sent out my last few Christmas cards this morning (had a few stragglers I was needing addresses for) and then I think I'll be ready (oh--still waiting for a few more things to arrive via UPS too...hope they make it)!
Hope you all have a great day...get wrapping!!!