Saturday, July 3, 2010

To the Movies...

That's where I went this morning...to the movie theater to see the new Twilight movie, "Eclipse" with a few girlfriends. Not bad! Getting out of the house of course gave me good reason to get dressed up so off to the closet I went. I have to admit, it took me an extra long time to get dressed this morning. My husband had the day off so he had all the kids with him downstairs which gave me a little more freedom to actually explore outfit options (trying things on together, etc). Usually it's a mad dash to find something that works while my almost one year old pulls at my legs to be held. Having this extra time was nice. It made me realize how indecisive I am with too much time on my hands! =)

I ended up pulling out an outfit that I've never worn before...the tank still had the price tag on it, but it's only been hanging in my closet a few weeks now, so I didn't feel too bad. I had to go to the Apple store at the mall a few weeks back to get my Iphone fixed and it turned out that I had to wait an hour before they could help me. That FORCED me to shop while I waited. FORCED I tell ya! I happened upon this tank in Nordstrom and just really liked it upon first sight...the fit was perfect (not too low neckline) and the way the tiers fell was very flattering for my body type (the type where any extra layering and texture, or "umph" on top is a good thing). After I tried it on in the dressing room I came out and showed my 6 year old and asked him what he thought....he told me I looked beautiful. That was enough for me (and seriously, how cute can he be????) Decision made...it was coming home with me. I paired it with a charcoal short sleeve cardigan and some bright white pants.



Details:
-Tiered Stripe Tank-Nordstrom (not seeing it online but it came in other striped colors as well as solids---check your local store)
-Bright White pants-Gap Outlet (Spring 2010)
-Charcoal Grey Short Sleeve Cardigan-J Crew Outlet (Spring 2010)
-BP Stella Sandals-Nordstrom
-Clear Chunky Bead Necklace-Macy's
-Cocktail Ring-American Eagle
-Crystal Milano Bracelet-J Crew
-Earrings-Cookie Lee (about 4 years old)

Today was the first time I broke out my Stella Sandals...I love them on...so cute! I like that they're not super overwhelming...the small, thin straps are perfect. They are pretty slippery on the bottoms so I'll have to get something to help that like all the reviews I've read mentioned to do. All in all pretty comfortable though (minus the one spot on my right foot where it was rubbing). Hopefully that won't be a problem for long. Tomorrow morning bright and early I'll be sporting my most comfortable outfit of all--my running shorts, tank and running shoes. Sorry, no pictures of this will be taken! You'll thank me, really. I'm not the least bit tan...scary really! Afterwards, however, hopefully I can shop my closet yet again to find some hidden treasure I've forgotten about.

Till then!!

6 comments:

  1. Jenni - I love this! I am sooo into stripes and stripes paired with tiers- love!! That necklace looks great with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS - that tank is so, so cute - your son already has great taste ;) And I'm glad the Stella's are working for you, I agree - I like that they are so subtle as far as black sandals go. Glad you were able to enjoy a fun GNO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I love that tank with the crisp white pants! Hope you liked Eclipse, I still need to make husband go with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your son is right, it is beautiful :)
    I like the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! That top is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so gorgeous with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete