Thursday, May 2, 2013

OOTD and my girl's weekend packing list!

Today is the big day!  I'm headed out for my girl's weekend with my BFF to freezing cold Denver!  Apparently it snowed multiple inches there yesterday.  Just our luck.  I'm hoping it all melts by the time I land this afternoon...I seriously have no desire to see anymore of that stuff this year.  Freezing or not, we'll make it work!  We have grand plans of getting massages, shopping, relaxing, eating great food, shopping some more...you know, all the important stuff that makes a girl's weekend so fun!   

Before I head out I have an outfit to share with you...I wore it this past Sunday to church and really liked how it came together:


Original Polyvore set idea can be found HERE

Linen Polka Dot Popover-J Crew Factory
Lapis Lace Pencil Skirt-Anthropologie
Joppa Pumps-Anthropologie
Fire & Firmament Necklace-Anthropologie
Double Hoop Earrings-Banana Republic
Classic Pave Link Bracelet-J Crew
Flower Bud Ring-J Crew

I always kind of kicked myself for not purchasing this sweater at the retail store when it went on sale so I was excited to score it for such a great deal at the factory store last week.  Truth be told, I actually like the weight of the factory version better.  Since it's a very neutral color I wanted to pair it with something bright and bold...this bright blue skirt was perfect!

Well, I'm off to get my bags packed...I finally finished my packing list:


Hope you have a great weekend!!!

18 comments:

  1. LOVE this outfit combination! I may have to copy. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob! Glad I could give you some inspiration! =)

      Delete
  2. Love this look too! You always know how to pull it together. Have fun in CO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! As always, you're so kind!

      Delete
  3. Oh cute!! I love that polkdotted sweater :)

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the sweater...it's a great neutral to have!

      Delete
  4. Love your outfits..have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. LOL...check eBay!!! There may be one floating around!

      Delete
  6. Oh my...loving that anthro striped maxi...so CUTE!
    Hope you have an awesome weekend:)
    Stay warm!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and I love your shoes. Hope your trip is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog - Very beautiful! great style! Love everything about it! Just a question: how do you organize your closet? and also how do you style your outfits? any special process invoilved: thinking or technical? do you mind sharing? I find that it can be difficult for me to locate the items to style/ match each morning and i am not sure if the organization of the closet is to blame. a post on this would be great! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! So I organize my closet into sections: dresses/ skirts/ tops/ cardigans...etc. Within each section I organize by color. I tend to choose a color I want to wear first each day so my mind automatically goes to wanting to find a certain color. As for putting together outfits, using Polyvore would be my absolute #1 suggestion. I took the time to upload every single item I own into Polyvore, using both online stock photos or taking photos of each item in my closet if I couldn't find a stock photo so within my Polyvore account I now have everything I own. I am able to go onto Polyvore and pull from my lists of items to create looks. It's so much easier for me to do this because I can easily scroll through each page to see what I have. It's so much quicker. The other thing I would suggest is to be able to see everything. I recently just moved all my boots out of my closet and into the guest room closet because they took up room I could have been using to better organize my sandals, flats, heels, etc. Now that they are out of the way, I can see everything. Organizing by type of shoes is what I would suggest....not color. Hope that helps! If you have any more questions please feel free to email me!

      Delete