Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Minty Fresh

This year mint is back in a big way.  It was one of last year's "it" colors and it continues to be one of my favorites to wear.  Yesterday I decided to rock a little mint:


Knit Sleeve Chiffon Top-Forever 21
Denim Jacket-J Crew Factory
1969 Always Skinny Neon Skinny Jeans-Gap
Seychelles "Hot & Bothered" Sandal-Nordstrom
Mixed Spectra Necklace-Anthropologie
Rosalinda Tonal Drop Earrings-Anthropologie
Golden Totem Bracelet Set-Anthropologie
Geometric Bouquet Ring-J Crew

Here's a few other cute mint hued items I have my eye on right now (because you can never have too much of a good thing, right?!)

Anthropologie



Red Dress Boutique



Bloom



Piperlime



Nordstrom



Anthropologie


I'm thinking the Bottlegreen Dress (first one pictured)  could be a cute dress to wear to my little brother's wedding in May...definitely plan to try that one on!

Lastly, I just wanted to say my heart and prayers go out to the people of Boston and the many runners, supporters, organizers, etc of the Boston Marathon.  I had a good friend running it this year as part of Team Hoyt and was so grateful to know she was ok.  Her husband was at the finish line across the street from where the explosions went off and witnessed it all...I can't imagine the horror.  It's so sad that we can't even run a race anymore without worrying about what might happen.  It's so amazing to see interviews and news stories of the people who ran and say they'll be back next year to do it again.  It won't stop them.  And it shouldn't.  Even though one small act of terror (albeit a horrible, history making act) can have such a large impact on our country in such a terrible way, it's the good of the majority that will overcome and reign supreme in the end.  I know it.  

Have a happy day!

31 comments:

  1. Cute! Loving the denim jacket! Here in OK a denim jacket is a must but by no means does that make me a cowgirl LOL! I just bought a mint blouse from OldNavy like the v-neck silk blouse LOVE IT! I wore it with cobalt blue skinnys and gold wedges! Lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that color combo idea! So cute! Now I think I may need some cobalt skinnies! =)

      Delete
  2. I just saw that maxi on their website yesterday and was on the fence about it. I don't love it on the model, but the reviews are excellent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is gorgeous! I'd love to try it on and see what the length is like...and then to figure out what to layer it with up top...the age old question. =)

      Delete
  3. Mint is the best. I avoided it last year but now that's made it into year 2 I got a couple of things. So I hope it sticks around for at least another year after this one. Great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxy! I think it's here to stay for a while longer...it's such a pretty color and looks good on most people's skin tones I think! Welcome to the mint club! =)

      Delete
  4. I love that chiffon dress! And those wedges!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving both so much! The shoes would be a fun addition to my closet and the dress...sooo pretty!

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy mint is back this year! Definitely one of my favorite colors right now. I love the mint/purple combo here. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...happy it's still a hot color! Love it!

      Delete
  6. I only have one piece of mint clothing in my sweater (a cute little cardigan with some embellishments)~! MUST. GET. MORE. MINT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bottlegreen dress!! So feminine and pretty! Also love your pink and mint look, totally cute.

    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny, I was just thinking the other day that I've always worn mint but just called it pale green. For years and years. It was only when I started reading blogs that I stopped calling things pale green or blue and used mint or cobalt!

    I'm glad your friend in Boston was ok. Two of my running clubmates were also there but luckily finished and left the area 30 minutes before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...funny about the "name change" of colors! Also glad to hear your friends are safe. Such a scary situation!

      Delete
  9. Love everything about your outfit...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I just started my blog about being a wife, mom, life and everything in between. I would be so happy to have anyone stop bye. Thanks! www.happierhappenings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Congrats on your new blog! =)

      Delete
  11. So sad to hear about Boston too....
    I love the mint and purple together!!
    You always know how to combine colors and make it
    look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I just found your blog through google when I was searching for pictures of boots :) I love your style! It is the look I have not achieved but am aiming for :) I bookmarked your blog & look forward to following it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your blog! I love anything mint this season. New follower. :)

    When you get a chance, stop over at my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
    http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2013/03/giveaway-naked-2-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mint is one of my favorite spring color. Your top looks gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't get enough of mint, either! I actually just styled a mint cardigan on my blog today. Found your blog via EA reader outfits, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete