Remember how I set out to shop smarter this year and with a budget in mind? Ya, so far the plan isn't working. Time to set boundaries. Publicly. Now I'll be held accountable. Here's what I have in mind:
$175-$200 for the month of March (shipping costs don't count towards this number)
1. No shoe shopping this month.
2. No skirt shopping this month.
3. No full-price purchases (with the exception of the new Drawing Room Necklace from Anthro which I plan on purchasing if it comes back in stock). ***edited-this means no full price purchases at Anthro, J Crew, etc. Full price purchase at places like F21 are obviously ok.
What's on my radar:
1. Drawing Room Necklace As I mentioned above, this is the one thing I'm willing to pay full price for. It's already sold out online once and the second I can get my hands on one, I will. Don't want to lose out on this gorgeous piece of jewelry!
2. A bright yellow cardigan. I have a few goldish/mustard colored cardigans but would really love to add a bright yellow cardi to the mix. I have two in mind...the Eunice Cashmere Cardi from Anthro or the J Crew Jackie Cardigan in Retro Lemon. The Anthro sweater is on sale now for $80 but is still fully stocked so I'm holding out for a 2nd cut which will hopefully bring the price down to about $40. I have a feeling the Jackie cardi isn't hitting sale anytime soon...this spring color will be full price for a while.
3. Basic gold and silver earrings-yes, I already have some, but yes, I still seem to manage to find more that I love. The Fall's Memento Earrings in gold and the Repercussive Light Earrings have both caught my eye. I've used them both a ton in Polyvore sets and would love to add them to the rotation.
4. Another pair of earrings I've been lusting after are the Frutta earrings. These are adorable and would be so versatile.
5. I've really had my eye on the Beachcombing Bracelet ever since it came out. It's an online only item so I've never seen it in person, but it just looks like the perfect spring/summer gold bracelet to throw on. Sale please!
6. One more necklace that I'd love to add to my collection is the Colorblocked Strands Necklace. I love the one with the red beads at the top. It is similar to a few other necklaces I have but the red beads make it stand out.
7. Green and Cobalt blue jeggings are both on my radar. These two colors are more trendy then some so I prefer to get them for a great deal. The Old Navy Rockstar Jeggings in green are tempting me as are the AE Jeggings in Cobalt blue.
So these are some items I'll be looking at this month, only if they're on sale of course, except for the Drawing Room Necklace. I chose items that I think may go on sale this month. As you can see, the majority of these are jewelry items, with the exception of the yellow cardigans and jeggings. Who knows...I may change my mind and end up spending my budget on something not even on this list, which is totally fair game (as long as I'm following the rules I've set for myself). Time will tell.
So are you setting yourself on a budget this month too? What do you have your eye on in March? Anything you're dying to score? Do tell!
I think this will be a challenge for me, but a good one. I'm hoping to really focus on what I have in my closet right now and remix, remix, remix. I have tons of cute items in my closet and it's time to let them shine.
Happy first day of March to you all! Hope this is a great month!