Remember how I set out to shop smarter this year and with a budget in mind? Ya, so far the plan isn't working. Time to set boundaries. Publicly. Now I'll be held accountable. Here's what I have in mind:
$175-$200 for the month of March (shipping costs don't count towards this number)
1. No shoe shopping this month.
2. No skirt shopping this month.
3. No full-price purchases (with the exception of the new Drawing Room Necklace from Anthro which I plan on purchasing if it comes back in stock). ***edited-this means no full price purchases at Anthro, J Crew, etc. Full price purchase at places like F21 are obviously ok.
What's on my radar:
March Wish List by jennifoundinmycloset featuring cashmere tops
1. Drawing Room Necklace As I mentioned above, this is the one thing I'm willing to pay full price for. It's already sold out online once and the second I can get my hands on one, I will. Don't want to lose out on this gorgeous piece of jewelry!
2. A bright yellow cardigan. I have a few goldish/mustard colored cardigans but would really love to add a bright yellow cardi to the mix. I have two in mind...the Eunice Cashmere Cardi from Anthro or the J Crew Jackie Cardigan in Retro Lemon. The Anthro sweater is on sale now for $80 but is still fully stocked so I'm holding out for a 2nd cut which will hopefully bring the price down to about $40. I have a feeling the Jackie cardi isn't hitting sale anytime soon...this spring color will be full price for a while.
3. Basic gold and silver earrings-yes, I already have some, but yes, I still seem to manage to find more that I love. The Fall's Memento Earrings in gold and the Repercussive Light Earrings have both caught my eye. I've used them both a ton in Polyvore sets and would love to add them to the rotation.
4. Another pair of earrings I've been lusting after are the Frutta earrings. These are adorable and would be so versatile.
5. I've really had my eye on the Beachcombing Bracelet ever since it came out. It's an online only item so I've never seen it in person, but it just looks like the perfect spring/summer gold bracelet to throw on. Sale please!
6. One more necklace that I'd love to add to my collection is the Colorblocked Strands Necklace. I love the one with the red beads at the top. It is similar to a few other necklaces I have but the red beads make it stand out.
7. Green and Cobalt blue jeggings are both on my radar. These two colors are more trendy then some so I prefer to get them for a great deal. The Old Navy Rockstar Jeggings in green are tempting me as are the AE Jeggings in Cobalt blue.
So these are some items I'll be looking at this month, only if they're on sale of course, except for the Drawing Room Necklace. I chose items that I think may go on sale this month. As you can see, the majority of these are jewelry items, with the exception of the yellow cardigans and jeggings. Who knows...I may change my mind and end up spending my budget on something not even on this list, which is totally fair game (as long as I'm following the rules I've set for myself). Time will tell.
So are you setting yourself on a budget this month too? What do you have your eye on in March? Anything you're dying to score? Do tell!
I think this will be a challenge for me, but a good one. I'm hoping to really focus on what I have in my closet right now and remix, remix, remix. I have tons of cute items in my closet and it's time to let them shine.
Happy first day of March to you all! Hope this is a great month!
I love your plan! Your restrictions made me chuckle (namely skirts and shoes) because those are my weaknesses as well. :) The "no full-priced items" criteria is a great one, and is what keeps me from making any rash purchases. Good luck!! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks! Shoes are my main tempter lately...there's just way too many cute ones to look at! =)Delete
The only place I pay full price is F21. I live for sales.ReplyDelete
Have you ever done a 30-for-30 challenge like Kendi? It's really eye-opening and pushes you to combine things you wouldn't have thought of before. It's great for really evaluating your closet. Highly recommend! Thanks for you picks, too. Love all the jewelry!
Is the drawing room necklace in stores? If it is you could do a charge send (and get free shipping!).
Hi Tamara! No, I've never done the 30-for-30 challenge. While I think it's a great idea and really neat to see others do it, it's not for me. I don't like being limited to only certain things in my closet. I like to be able to have a big selection in the morning. =) The Drawing Room has never made it to stores (unless they've been a return) so I'm hoping they are still on their way to being sold in stores soon.Delete
Good plan Jenni! :-) I cannot believe that new colorway of the Drawing Room Necklace had sold out already...I too will pounce when it comes back in stock! :-)ReplyDelete
I know, it's the weirdest thing! No stores have even got it yet so I'm hoping it'll still show up soon somewhere!Delete
Hi Jenni, good luck with your goals, you can do it. I love that Anthro necklace, so classic and chic.ReplyDelete
I sure hope so! =)Delete
The drawing room necklace is back in stock online!! I'm new to your blog, and I love your style. Thanks for all of the great ideas!ReplyDelete
SO nice to meet you! =) Thanks for the tip...I called CS as soon as I saw your comment and before they could process the order it sold out. Darn! The hunt continues.Delete
I'm also trying to make rules and stick to a budget each month (it gets cray cray). I love that you make a short list and stick to it. I do that too! I let my items sit on my short list for a least two weeks so I know that I really want them and I'm not making brash decisions.ReplyDelete
Did you know that Old Navy was having a sale on their jeans for $19 this past weekend!? AND if you bought it, they give you these price lock coupons where you can buy up to 3 more pairs of jeans for the same price for the next two months. I'm not sure if it's still going on. AND I have the AE blue jeggings and they are lovely! Got them on after thanksgiving sale for $35.
HL from Design and Style
Well, I'm gonna try to stick to the short list! =) It'll be my guide at least. I tried to get the green ON jeans last weekend actually but they were sold out of my size online and my local stores have not yet got them in so I'm just waiting on them to arrive. Hopefully they'll come soon! Thanks for the tip!Delete
Good luck with your goals for March. I decided this year to give up clothes shopping for lent. Whew, 40 whole days. I didn't limit shoes or accessories because I had to order a specific shoe for a wedding I'm in. It's been hard but it has helped me realize what staples I am missing in my closet. I think now I will have a better idea of what I need to complete my wardrobe instead of just buying stuff because it was on sale or because the color was cute (I do this all the time and don't have enough color variety in my closet). Anyways, good luck with your new plan! You can do it!ReplyDelete
Wow, that's impressive...40 days. You go girl! THanks so much! =)Delete
I really like your plan, Im sure you will manage. :) Im on the same budget as you and for myself Im only allowed buying Ebay finds. ;) I have recently discovered the wonders of shopping on Ebay and Im hooked to say the least. ;) For the same price as one full prized item I can have perhaps 4-5 items on Ebay. I have never bought pre-worn clothes before so Im minor concerned about their state.ReplyDelete
That's a fun plan! I have only ever bought NWT tag things on eBay so I don't have any experience with the used items, but I'm sure if you find some reputable sellers things would be just fine. Happy hunting!Delete
That drawing room necklace is totally on my radar too. SUCKER FOR CHUNKY NECKLACES. Should post-it-note that one to my forehead. You can totally do this short list. My Anthro list is small, but I will hold out for all clothing purchases until sale. That's my commitment for March. Now, accessories? Already blown that baby, two days ago! Three belts and a necklace. yikes.ReplyDelete
haha...love it. I have a serious love for accessories too. At least they are generally cheaper than clothes at full price! =)Delete