Thursday, August 5, 2010

Polka dots and ruffles...

Halfway through the week...it's been a busy one so far! We've only got a week and a half left till school starts so we've been packing in lots of fun things before we're back to the grind of schedules, homework and packing lunches each morning. This morning we went to the park with some friends and then I met up with a few girlfriends for lunch at one of their houses while the kids all played. It was an easy going day that called for an easy going outfit:



Details:
-Top-Forever 21 (Summer 2010)
-Jean Shorts-Mossimo for Target
-Wonder Tee-Down East Basics (black)
-Sandals-Gap Outlet--OLD
-Bracelets-Charlotte Russe (gift from my sis-in-law Erin)

I saw this top featured on Sensibly Styled a few months back and thought it was so cute...and for just $17.50 (or close to it...can't remember exactly). I've worn it a handful of times and the front of it is already starting to pile a bit. What can you expect from Forever 21 right? It's a fun shirt for the price and a great piece to wear to the park...simple with a little style in the ruffly sleeves.

Tomorrow my boys and I will be on the hunt for some new school shoes for my big 1st grader...he wants a pair of $50 Sketchers...I said forget it! Seriously? $50 for a pair of shoes that he'll grow out of in no time? I have to draw the line somewhere. I was looking online at Gap Kids and found a very cute pair that I think he'll go for and then hopefully he'll forget about his precious Sketchers. While at Gap I want to try on their Skinny jeans and see how they fit...I have a rewards card burning a hole in my pocket and a 25% off coupon to boot. On top of that jeans are on sale online right now so I'm thinking if I find a pair I like I'll just come home and order them online for pretty much next to nothing---if not for free! That would be awesome!!!!! My Banana skinnies are scheduled to arrive Friday...the battle is on! Which will win out...Gap or Banana?? Or neither? Geez...I hope at least one works out!

While out tomorrow I also plan on stopping by LOFT and maybe scan the sale racks at J Crew...we'll see how well the troops hold up. I'd love to stop in at H&M too, however I'm not counting on it. If I don't make it there, no worries...a few of my girlfriends and I are headed into the city in a few weeks for an overnighter to celebrate my upcoming birthday...the big 30!! Scary!!! =)

I'm off to bed...does anyone else lay down at night and think about what you're going to wear the next morning? I totally do. Obsessed much? =)

1 comment:

  1. I love that polka dot top too cute!!! The top I was wearing yesterday my sister got for me about a month ago so I would imagine it's still there and for 10 bucks? You can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete