Monday, August 9, 2010

A few OOTD's...

The past weekend flew by and here we are right back to Tuesday already! This is officially our last week of summer vacation as my son starts school next Monday...my 4 year old won't start preschool until after Labor day however. So this past weekend I got the chance to go shopping with a friend of mine without most of the kids...my littlest guy tagged along and let me tell you, he was a handful. Poor kid...he'd getting a bunch of teeth and was just not in the mood to shop. We still had a good time. I found a few things...I grabbed a long-sleeve boyfriend fit cardigan in a dark teal from Gap Outlet (on sale for $22) and a really cute short sleeved-chunky weave cardigan from the Banana Republic outlet that could easily transition to fall layered over a long sleeve tee. I also got a cute necklace at Banana for $11.99. All in all there weren't a ton of things I was in love with which was a good thing--less temptation.

Here's what I wore on our little outing:



Details:
-Winding Road Tank-Anthropologie
-Cardigan-Old Navy (Winter 2010)
-Matchstick Jeans-J Crew Outlet (Spring 2010)
-Presta Wedge Sandals-Target (Spring 2010)
-Earrings-Forever 21 (OLD)
-Necklace and Watch-Fossil
-Bangles-Gap Outlet

On Sunday we went to church as usual and I felt like digging into my closet and seeing what I could find that hadn't seen the light of day for a while (shopping my closet--holla!!). I came up with this:



Details:
-White ruffle-front shirt-Gap Outlet (at least 2 years old)
-Tan pencil skirt-Banana Republic Outlet (circa Spring 2008)
-Gold wedge sandals-Banana Republic Outlet (Spring 2010)
-Small circle necklace-Shabby Apple
-Kenneth Cole Earrings-Macy's
-Gold belt-J Crew Outlet (Summer 2010)

Yesterday was business as usual...I was up early to run and spent the morning hanging around the house. In the afternoon I needed to run to Target and then we met up with some friends for dinner at...wait for it....IHOP! My oldest has been dying to go to IHOP recently for some reason so I told him we'd go sometime before school started. Well, school starts next week so I figured I'd better squeeze that one in! Breakfast for dinner it was for us! YUM! I felt like wearing a skirt yesterday so here's what I wore:



Details:
-Skirt-Gap (got this for $14.99 on sale when I was pregnant with #3 intending to wear it after he was born...this is the first time I've ever worn it--whoops!)
-Short sleeve top-LOFT (Spring 2010)
-Wonder Tee-Down East Basics
-Madden girl Sandals-DSW Shoes
-Cocktail Ring-Banana Republic
-Bangles-Gap Outlet (2009)
-Necklace-Tiffany (gift from my hubby)
-Earrings-Nordstrom (from my trip last month)

I never got around to taking a picture of today's outfit so those three will have to do. Tomorrow I have a trip to the grocery store planned in the morning (with three kids it's even more fun) and then a park date and dinner with friends in the evening...I'll be sporting something comfortable for sure. I'm off to get the kiddos ready for bed...gotta catch up on my DVR...Bachelor Pad from last night, The Rachel Zoe Project from tonight...can't wait!

Have a good one!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for closet shopping! White and tan is such a crisp, lovely color combo for summer. Also, after seeing you in your white matchstick jeans I am determined to find myself a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of your outfits, seriously you have such great taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the closet shopping and cute picks! You've inspired me to do some closet shopping of my own and perhaps post an OOTD again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the winding road tank and paired with pink= so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you on taking little ones shopping. My youngest is getting teeth and he has been one fussy little baby. All three of your outfits are great! I haven't seen anyone in the winding road tank in blue and I really like that color. It looks great on you.

    www.lorislooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Sunday outfit... neutrals are me and I just adore ruffles =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of them! And I can't blame your kiddo for wanting IHOP, I love me some choc chip pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just jacked off to the pic of you in that skirt

    ReplyDelete