Tuesday, March 17, 2015

H&M Fitting Room Reviews

Happy Monday!

Over the weekend I stopped by my local H&M to check out their latest releases. I like to go in about once a month to see what new arrivals they have...this time around was pretty successful! I was so excited to find some super cute new things!!  Before I share my fun finds, I will say I find H&M's number sizing to run small for me in some things. I usually wear a 0/2 in dresses and skirts and at H&M I am pretty consistently a size 4 in both.  In tops that go by number sizing I am almost always a size 4 as well because it gives a little extra length (long torso problems). I did try on some jeans and found them to run pretty true to size (they run number sizing 25-26-27-so on) so it's strictly the dresses, skirts and some tops I size up in.  Just wanted you to be aware if you haven't shopped much with them you may want to consider sizing up in those few items. The other disclaimer is that I wasn't able to find hardly any of the items I tried on available on their website yet...many times things arrive in the store first and then show up online later but sometimes they simply don't list them online.  You just never know!  Your best bet is to stop by your local store to see what they have on hand!

Onto the reviews....

Midi Dresses
(not online)





If you follow me on Instagram (if you don't, follow me HERE) you may have already seen my post about these cute dresses! I saw these hanging on the front wall in my store and immediately snatched them up! They are the cutest midi dresses ever! They came in a beautiful emerald green and black.  And they have pockets....eek!  Why are pockets so fun? I tried these on in a size 4 and they were a good fit. It was very fitted through the boddess but I fear a larger size would have been too big through other areas like the arms. I couldn't decide which I liked better so I ended up bringing both of these dresses home. No regret...at only $34.95 each they are such a steal!


Rolled Sleeve Mint Sweater
(not online)


This basic rolled sleeve sweater caught my eye because of the color. I love everything mint! I did notice it came in a few other colors but I was drawn to this one most. This is a great option for spring...it's cute, comfy and has a great relaxed feel to it. I tried this in an X-Small and it fit perfectly!


A-Line Tops
(stripe motif was the only one I found online)



I had high hopes for these two tees but once I put them on it just wasn't love. The necklines were pretty high and I just felt they weren't the most flattering cut on me.  I did feel they ran true to size (I tried them both in X-Small's).  Overall I think these both missed the mark a bit unfortunately.  Pass.


Black/White Colorblock Top
(not online)


The last top I tried ended up being super cute! It's classic black and white and I think it will be a really great date night top to pair with black jeggings and black peep toe heels or booties. I tried this top in a size 4 and it fit well. I recommend this one!


Overall I was excited with all my finds! Well done H&M!

Until next time...

xoxo,
Jenni

Follow me on:

INSTAGRAM

FACEBOOK

4 comments:

  1. great pieces :) spring!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! H&M has some great pieces right now! xoxo Jenni

      Delete