Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews-September 2013

Last week I took a little trip down to the mall to do some returns and was able to try on some of the latest new arrivals at Anthropologie.  I know inquiring minds want to know...did I find anything good?  Um, YES!  And a few not-so-good things as well, but definitely a few fab things I can't wait to add to my closet. Without further ado, I bring you the reviews!




Cardigans are key for fall...I love them!  I have had my eye on this gorgeous cardigan ever since it popped up online.  Not only does the color scream fall, it just looks so beautiful with the detailing on the edges.  And let me tell you, it did not disappoint in real life.  I tried this on in an X-Small and the fit was spot on.  The color was a rich aubergine and it was SOOOO soft and comfy!  It didn't have a heavy feeling to it, so it's much more appropriate for fall as opposed to winter, but it's fab nonetheless.  Wish listed for sure.




This is another cardigan I have liked online and was excited to be able to try on.  I love anything yellow!  This was another super soft item that was hard to take off...I loved it!  I tried it on in an X-Small and the fit was great.  The sleeves are not quite full length...I'd call them bracelet length I suppose.  The length of them didn't bother me...it may some.  Sometimes shawl type cardigans can feel heavy up front with the way they drape but this one was perfect...just enough roll at the edges to give it a stylish look without being too bulky.  This beauty is wish listed!




This was my absolute, hands down favorite find of the day...it is amazing!  And to think, I almost didn't even grab it to try on at all!  When I saw it while walking through the store I thought it just looked "ok" on the hanger.  Good thing I gave it a try because it's so much better on!  This cardigan/jacket fit really well on me in a size X-Small.  It felt medium-weight and would be a great layering piece in the fall/winter. It could be paired with so many things!  The design is so flattering and I really like the two colors paired together and the way it's patterned out.  You could definitely call this an investment piece with the higher price point...a staple to use over and over in your wardrobe.  It's sitting in my online cart right now just waiting to be purchased.  I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the items I use my birthday discount on...it's just too fab to pass up!




I first saw this cute sweater in a product shot for a pair of jeans online over a month ago, and kept wondering when it would appear to purchase.  Finally it has!  I tried this on in an X-Small and Small and found the Small to be the better fit, especially for length.  The rest of the sweater was very similar in fit in both sizes, but the length was definitely longer in the Small.  This sweater comes in this creamy heathered oatmeal color (seen above) as well as brown.  Neither colors impressed me, I must admit.  It would have been so much cuter in a rich, dark hue for the season.  One other little issue I had with it was the hemline.  I don't know if you can tell or not, but on the right side of the picture above you can see the hemline takes a drastic shift up in one spot.  It's almost like they forgot to put a few more ruffles on!   I think Anthro missed the mark on this one a little.  Overall it's ok, but not my favorite.  Sale worthy maybe....if you're willing to deal with some bulk around the hips from all those ruffles.




As you can tell I was really in a jacket/cardi mood the day I tried things on.  This is another topper cardi that really acts like a jacket.  It was a heavier material, making it a tad bulkier than normal.  I loved the black and white print...very classic.  Almost a retro nod. I tried this on in an X-Small and it was a good fit.  Overall I liked it, but I liked other things better.  I'd reconsider at sale or second cuts.




This tunic caught my eye mainly because I loved the tweed look with the contrast of the black lace sleeves and pockets.  It is darling!  I tried this on in an X-Small and it was a good fit.  Out of all the tunics I've ever tried on this may be one of my favorites.  I think pairing it with some skinny jeans and boots in the winter would be perfect!  Wish listed!




Out of the four motifs this top comes in I think this one may be my least favorite.  That being said, it was the only one in my size that my store had, so by default, here it is.  I tried this on in an X-Small and it was definitely the right size for me.  I happen to love pattern mixing and all the variations of this kind of top Anthro keeps coming out with, but at $78 I feel it's way overpriced.  I also think they could have come up with some better prints this go around.  Just saying.  I still wouldn't mind grabbing it on sale.  Wish listed for sale in the blue motif (the one with the cute floral on the bottom).  





I was SOOO excited to see this cute coat hanging in my store.  I couldn't wait to try it on!  Unfortunately, it was quite a disappointment.  I first tried on the size 2 and found it to be HUGE.  I then tried it on in a size 0 (pictured above) and still found it to be quite large.  It was completely swallowing me up!  It is meant to be a dress coat obviously, as there's room for about 3 petticoats underneath. =(  Smaller framed and petite women will most definitely be sized out of this coat.  It's so unfortunate too because I truly loved the print and the fine cord material.  It was stunning!  Pass.




Last but certainly not least is this gorgeous necklace.  I absolutely love it!  I can't wait to add this one to my collection.  It's a show stopper!!!  It was equally as cute in the red motif as well, but the yellow one is just calling my name.  

See anything you like?  Anything you already own?  Do tell!

Have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great reviews...I always look forward to it. My favs include the first two cardis, the necklace and the glimmered jacket. Hope you had a great b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the glimmered tweed jacket and spike-striped cardi!!

    xoxo, jillian
    http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just so many great jacket/cardi crossovers this year...loving them!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reviews!....did you mind the ties on the Cosette cardi?...that is the only thing holding me up from purchasing(I haven't seen it in person yet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope they helped! I actually don't mind the ties because I just pull them to the back and tie it back there instead so they don't hang down. That's what I did in these pictures actually. Out of sight, out of mind, and out of the way!

      Delete
  4. Glimmered tweed jacket and lace tunic - yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...they definitely have some great items this fall!

      Delete
  5. Got the Cosette cardigan in plum, the spike-striped cardi and the necklace in yellow. Love them all! Love the spike-striped cardi on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such an eye for fashion! I really liked all your cardi picks. Would love to know your makeup/ skin care must haves. You always look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! SO many great cardis to pick from this year! And you are so sweet...maybe I'll do a beauty product post in the future but for now, I primarily use Clinique skin care and make-up. I also use the Clarisonic Mia 2 daily for deep cleansing.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for posting such helpful reviews. I agree that the Tiered and Ruffled sweater looks like it's unfinished, but I think it still looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ya, I don't know what it is exactly, but there was just something about it that I didn't love.

      Delete
  8. What earrings are you wearing in these pictures? They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the Dimpled Hoop Earrings from Anthropologie. I love them! They are actually still in stock and on sale for $9.99 here: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopsale-jewelryaccessories/27972785.jsp?color=070

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! My jeans are from J Crew Factory a few years back. I believe they are the Toothpick Ankle denim.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the reviews! I have my eye on the shawl collar cardi, that jacket and the lace tunic. I need to wait for sales though so it will be awhile before they'll be mine :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love your top! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete