Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Digging in my Closet again...plus some budget talk and an OOTD!

April was a month of digging in my closet.  I went through and weeded out quite a bit.  I was able to donate some things, return some things, sell some things and wear some things I hadn't worn for a while.  After all this weeding out I'm feeling like I have a better handle on my closet...for now.  Somehow in 6 months I'm sure I'll go through it again and find a handful of things I feel like I can do without.  Even the most cautious of shoppers deals with this I think...it's pretty unavoidable.  

Part of this weeding out started to help out my April budget.  As always whatever I return (that's already been accounted for in previous months) counts as surplus in my budget, as does whatever I might sell or any price adjustments I receive on items already purchased.  I returned a TON this month.  I went through my closet and found some unworn items I had been holding onto for months that I just no longer loved as much as I thought I did, and returned them.  Then I sold quite a few new/gently used items though my blog sale (thanks to all those who helped me clean out my closet!!!)  Between these and a few price adjustments I received, I had a bit of a spending cushion to play with so I had some fun in April, to say the least. After all was said and done I ended up spending $275, which put me $25 over budget.  Not terrible, not great.  At least I was trying.  That's what this budget has been all about...about making me be more aware of what I'm spending and what I'm spending it on.  

How'd your April budget go?  Are you already looking at how to handle May?  May is gonna be a tricky month for me as the Anthro tag sale will soon be upon us (if they stick to their past pattern it will be this month).  Plus since the summer months are coming I have a few pairs of sandals I'm looking to add to my closet for fun as well as to replace some I got rid of over the past few months.   I also need a new bathing suit, like NOW!  I'm so over the one I've been wearing the past 4 years...time to change it up.  I also have some events/vacations coming up to shop for, etc.  I've decided I won't be sticking to a strict budget in May because of all these factors.  I don't want to set myself up for failure before the month even begins.  I still want to try to shop smart of course...that never hurts...but the budget will be a little looser this month, for sure.

Enough budget talk...onto the clothes!  Yesterday I dug into my closet some more and found a top I love but haven't worn in a while.  I picked this cute top up on sale quite some time ago on a girls trip to San Francisco...it's a great short sleeved top to have in the summer rotation:


What I Wore
Curated Tee-Anthropologie
Jeggings-American Eagle
Madden Girl Sandals-DSW
Necklace-Old Navy (OLD)
Strung Hoops-Anthropologie
Bracelet-Silpada Jewelry
Ring-OLD

What have you pulled out of your closet lately that you were excited to wear again??

So rumor has it Anthro moved their sale to tomorrow instead of today...can't wait!  I have lots of things sitting pretty on my wish list and would love to get a price adjustment on a few things as well.  Hope it's a good one!  And have you seen all the new pretties in the new arrival section?  I tried to look the other way, but you know how that goes. =)

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day! =)







11 comments:

  1. I got two maxi dresses from Anthro today, on sale! I thought you'd be proud of me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to read about your upcoming move and how you adjust! I live in Indianapolis, so only about 2 hours from where you'll be moving. Hope you love it and the transition is smooth for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! We are getting very anxious to get the move underway and get to know a whole new part of the country! We'll be neighbors!

      Delete
  3. HI Jenni, did you get my email a few weeks ago? As far as budget I just watch what I spend carefully and only buy if I know I love the item. I had way too many things I bought and just didn't love. I too cleaned out before my move and it felt so good. I think I may actually be able to fit all my clothes in one or two wardrobe boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly! Yes, I did get your email and in fact I started a set on Polyvore using those pants...and then I got sidetracked and forgot all about it until right now! ahh!! So sorry! I'll try to get back to it soon. You know all about moving and the craziness that's involved! Cleaning out feels so good...makes you remember what exactly you have!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenni how are you?

    I am not sure if you know but I have started reading your blog from the very beggining, since 2 months ago. I still haven't reached your current post. But I want to say that I love your casual style mixed with a lot of colors, sophistication and a sassy mom kind of attitude (I mean that as a compliment). I have even left you a ton of compliments Jenni. You should check them out. Speaking of, you look beautiful in Red. AND RED ALWAYS POPS WITH DARK JEANS. =)

    I want you to come and check out my blog and start following me since I am new. I can appreciate all your fashion advise any day of the week!!

    Last but not least, today I tagged you on my blog because I gave you THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD!! Check it Out.

    I Appreciate it. <3 Ada.


    http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/2012/05/wonderful-wednesday-and-versatile-blow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by! I am so bad about checking comments from older posts...I'll have to go check them out! Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
    2. Yes, no problem at all. You have adorable style and I love all your Anthropology pieces. You always have awesome reviews too. I must say I like your hair better now that it is shortened to a cute, healthy blog.

      Please DO CHECK OUT your older posts. I have left you A TON OF COMMENTS!! Also, be a doll and stop by my page. Check out my style and click on THE FOLLOW Button. I am fairly new to the blogging community and I can count on friends and fellow bloggers to spread the good word out, for me. Thanks a Lot.

      Have a Lovely Thursday & Super Weekend!! <3 Ada.

      Delete
  5. Loving your cute necklace, and it looks like you are a master at styling your new haircut - gorgeous! I saw some of your wishlisted items got cuts today - hope the sale wasn't too budget busting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! Yup, the sale got me! Not TOO bad, but a little damage. =)

      Delete