Friday, January 20, 2012

Rainy Day pins and an OOTD

Happy Friday everyone! Winter has finally arrived here in the bay area. The temperatures have dropped, the sun is hidden away and the rain has begun. It's a dreary day today. But hey, it's still Friday, and I love me a weekend. We don't have any big weekend plans...hubby's on call so we'll just be sticking around town. I usually don't cook on Fridays but I have a feeling the rain is going to make me want to stay in so I'm planning on making homemade pizzas for dinner tonight. Quick and easy, and something I know the boys will all eat. Anything exciting going on in your neck of the woods?

Like many of you, I love Pinterest. I don't spend as much time on Pinterest as I do other things, but when I do I can easily sit for an hour or two and just browse and pin away. I love finding fashion, recipes, kid stuff, crafts, home decor ideas...you name it I'm sure I've wasted time looking at it on Pinterest. I love seeing what other people are pinning so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pins lately:

Love this cute color combination:


Such a sweet idea:

Source: etsy.com via Jenni on Pinterest



I dream of having all white bedding one day and this against those dark painted walls and headboard is amazing. Such a great balance:


YUM:


Messy Chic...I need longer hair STAT:


It's so hard to find a boy-ish Valentine...this is totally cute though:


Totally need this for our family...my boys are obsessed with legos:


Yes, please:


My current shoe obsession that may find their way to my closet sooner than later:


How about you? What are you loving on Pinterest lately?

Now onto an OOTD...I snapped this picture last week while I was out and about. I have planned to wear this cardigan and top together from the time I had both of them in my closet, but somehow it's taken me months to get around to actually wearing it. Finally, here they are together:



What I Wore:
-Gathering Tank-Anthropologie
-Cinchona Cardigan-Anthropologie
-Curvy Jeans-Gap
-Stacked Strap Heels-Anthropologie
-Small Open Circle Necklace-Shabby Apple
-Papoose Hoops-Anthropologie
-Ring-Forever 21

When I bought these shoes I really had no intention of wearing them on an every day basis because they have a thinner heel. I don't usually rock the thin heels for afternoon pick-up at school or anything...it's not your typical mom heel. However, these shoes are amazingly comfortable and stable and you don't even feel like you're wearing a heel that's as thin as it is, so I made an exception. It's a pretty good magic trick, really. Not sure how the designers did it, but it worked.

Alrighty...off to get some stuff done before kiddo #1 gets out of school. Hope you all have a great weekend! Stay dry!

4 comments:

  1. It's raining here in Sacramento too! I love the OOTD and twisted pony. My hair length and texture is just like yours. I got hair extensions at Sally Beauty Supply. They are fun to wear on date night or girls night out. I paid around $75 for them but totally worth it, I think you should definitely try it. I had my hairdresser show me where to place them and then he cut the ends straight. Plan on bringing them to my 40th girls trip in Vegas! Hope to see a post on hair extension from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add...they are the Clip in Hair Extensions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that cookie/ice cream dessert looks delish!! Pinterest is a dangerous place. I've been pinning a lot of wedding ideas and inspiration lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the bed pic. it looks SO comfortable & relaxing!

    ReplyDelete