Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Maxi

I looked into my closet the other morning and could not deal with wearing pants for some reason. I just wasn't in the mood. I closed the door and moved over to the other closet (what is known as my husband's closet but really, half of that one is mine too...it's where I keep all my skirts and dresses). I looked in and surveyed my options...and then decided I'd try my hand at winterizing a Maxi dress. I love this cute, CHEAP (only $15!) Maxi dress I picked up at Forever 21 this past summer. I paired it with a cardigan I grabbed on super sale at Anthro this past year for just $25.

What I Wore Today

Forever21 ruffle dress
$19 - canada.forever21.com

Polka dot cardigan
$30 - anthropologie.com

Wedge high heels
$178 - anthropologie.com

Banana republic jewelry
$29 - bananarepublic.com

Elephant Heart chain necklace
$78 - maxandchloe.com

Forever21 buckle belt
$7.80 - forever21.com



And here's how it turned out:



I ended up changing out the ring and wore a similar necklace...one I picked up at the Loft Factory store last summer. Making my Maxi dresses useful in the winter months is a fun way to break up the constant pace of wearing pants on a daily basis.

Can you believe Christmas is now less than 3 weeks away? CRAZY! I'm almost done with my shopping...still have a few gifts to go. I better get on it...it'll be here before I know it!

Hope you have a great start to the new week!

12 comments:

  1. You look so good in maxi dresses...you should wear them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you winterized it quite well! Looks awesome with your new booties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled your maxi dress for winter! Looks great with the longer belted cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni! I love this look! You look absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit turned out super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this look!! Awesome winter maxi look:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this outfit!!! Maybe I should wear a maxi today since I just realized I need to go get more address labels for my Christmas cards and now have to get dressed! ;) It's just one of those mornings! You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this maxi and how you've paired it for winter. Just a little jealous however that I did not pick it up in the summer as well! :) ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely easy to winterize. Plus, if the weather is very cold you can wear tights or leggings under.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This maxi is perfect for winter. The jewel color keeps it from feeling too much like a summery dress. And it's great to see you wearing your new booties!

    ReplyDelete