Monday, November 21, 2011

Black and Brown and a sparkly J Crew Factory find!

Hi ladies! Happy start of Thanksgiving week! My crew is out of school all week so vacation has officially begun. I have grand plans of catching up on some much needed sleep...as much as I can at least with three kids roaming around the house every morning (usually not-so quietly). I'm looking forward to my 10K race on Thursday morning (crossing my fingers it doesn't pour rain like the forecast says it's suppose to), spending the day with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving that afternoon and of course, my favorite day of the entire year...BLACK FRIDAY!!! We're T-minus 4 days now!

I'm a little behind in sharing my outfit pictures...here's one I wore last week but never got around to posting...I stopped by my local J Crew Factory Store to kill some time before I had to pick up my kindergartner this particular day so this picture comes courtesy of the dressing room mirror:



-Top-Forever 21
-Cardigan-Loft (2010)
-Jeggings-American Eagle
-Miz Mooz "Siri" Boots-Endless
-Necklace-Stella & Dot
-Strung Hoops-Anthropologie
-Ring-Forever 21

I never used to mix black and brown but now I love it! It's funny how just a few years ago it was such a fashion no-no to do such a thing. I love that anything goes now. I mean, I do draw the line on certain things, but as far as mixing patterns, colors or textures, anything goes.

While at J Crew I tried on a few things and found one top in particular that I really liked. I tried it on in 2 colors and sizes:





So the fit of the first one was great (an X-Small) but I liked the color of the second one better (second one was a size small...just a tad too sloppy looking). I think the pink top paired with a cute black skirt would be a fun holiday look. They didn't have the pink in my size at their store so I ended up doing a charge send for it and can't wait to get it! This top differs from most sequin tops that I've seen around because it's 3/4 sleeved and pink. Most I have come across are short sleeved or a tank. J Crew retail does have a 3/4 sleeve option right now but the colors are all darker from what I can see...no pink. There were a few other cute things floating around the factory store when I was there and I know they will be having some good deals on Black Friday so if you're interested, check it out! Just FYI....this 3/4 sleeve top is not on the factory website as of now...perhaps it will show up later.

I'm off with my boys today to run some errands. Need to make some returns! The sun is shining and it's beautiful out...love this CA fall weather! Sadly the rain will be back in a few days though. All well...I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Are you on the edge of your seats for the possible big sale at Anthro tomorrow morning?? I am!! Hope it's a good one!

Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. I love anything with sequins... especially for the holidays! Both colors of the J Crew top were darling on you but that pink is amazing. I'm glad you were able to do a charge send as it will be perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, love that pink one!! I might have to stop by my outlet on the way out of town tomorrow. :) Have a great race, a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great time on Friday! I'll be out super early myself, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the sequin top at JCrew this morning and thought it was super cute and perfect for the holidays. I love it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE to get that last sequin shirt! I might be making a trip to park city sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the glitter!! Great find, I want one

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That glitter top is amazing...I think I need it! Also love your adorable, colorful outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is magical on you. Loveth :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sparkly top and that pink color is gorgeous on you! Wish I lived closer to a jcrew outlet. I might have to call around and track one down!! We'll see how much damage I do at Anthro....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies...you're all too kind! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sequin top! The darker one is more of a color I am drawn too, but I agree with you, the pink one will look cute with a dark skirt for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your stella and dot necklace! pairs nice with your outfit! I am doing a mystery hostess event for Stella and Dot! info on my blog: lilmissmarch.blogspot.com : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both colors of those sequin tops and both tops are so pretty and flattering, you can really dress them up or down. =)

    ReplyDelete