Amongst all the hot weather we've been having there was one morning (maybe two) that felt nice and cool last week. I jumped at the opportunity to wear jeans and a cardigan! Never mind that by 2:30pm pick-up a cardigan wasn't at all necessary. At least I had the morning!
-Top-Down East Basics
-Loop Stack Cardigan-Anthropologie
-Steve Madden Fantasik Wedges
-Bracelet-Silpada (birthday gift from my parents)
I'm clearly not following the "no white after Labor Day" rule. I say anything goes!!
Just a few things on my mind this morning:
-My TV shows are BACK! This week is premier week and my DVR is set and ready to record! Last night I watched Glee and the new show "New Girl" on Fox. Loved them both!
-Wide width feet are a pain to shop for. My 5 year old son wants Skechers so badly like his older brother but I cannot for the life of me locate any wide width 11.5 Skechers online anywhere. What the heck?
-I got my hair cut and colored last week...finally! I've been growing my hair out for a year now and although I feel like it's still kinda short, I know it's come a long way from where I started. My hair girl cut a little more than I was hoping last week but only because my ends weren't looking too hot. To make things more exciting, a few days ago I thought I'd move my part over about an inch or so more to the side( aren't I a dare devil). Not sure how I feel about it yet...the picture you see above was prior to the "move". Luckily if I get tired of it I can just go back to the old routine!
-I've been on a major Reese's Pieces kick this week...love them!
-While browsing online I've come across tons of cute things I'm loving lately...here are a few for today's "Wow Me" Wednesday...some I love from afar and some have found themselves in my closet:
1. BP "Becca" Pump--Last week I found some Leopard Print wedges that I really liked, but when they arrived I hated them. They didn't look anything on like I thought they would so they went back. I came across these cute shoes (pumps instead of wedges) and fell in love! So cute, and such a great price compared to other retail stores such as J Crew. Leave it to Nordstrom!
2. Camillia Blouse-Anthropologie--SO pretty! I've been lusting after this pretty top for weeks now but never seem to be able to find it in the store. I would love to give this a try as I think it would be super cute paired with my new reddish/pink jeans!
3. Bookstore Cardi-Down East Basics--About a month ago I saw a small shot of this cardigan on Down East's blog as a little preview of what was to come this fall, and was intrigued. When it finally popped up online this week I grabbed it with the 20% off coupon code they were offering to their Facebook fans. I love the cute shape and think it would be a great layering piece. I'm hoping the color is ok with my skin tone though...we'll see!
4. Sea Drops Earrings--When I was at Anthropologie a few weeks ago I saw these cute earrings sitting all by their lonesome calling out to me....so of course I grabbed them! I had never noticed them online or on anyone previously but really liked the way the color popped in person. I have already worn them a few times...they go with lots of color combinations. Highly recommend these!
5. Miz Mooz Lacey T-Strap Pump--Hello gorgeous! These were love at first sight. I lack closed-toe pumps in my closet so I've been on the lookout for a few options for fall. I saw these and really loved the neutral color (almost brown with some gray undertone) and design. I took my normal Miz Mooz size 8.5 in these and could not be happier to add these to my closet. They will look so cute with trouser jeans, rolled up skinnies and of course a skirt or dress. Super versatile!
We had a long night last night...I've got myself a sick 2 year old with croup and a fever. No fun. We're sticking close to home this morning in hopes that he'll start feeling better soon. Also need to dive into the laundry...folding party anyone?
Have a great day!