Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend Update

Hi all! Hope you've all had a great weekend so far! It's been a good one for us...we had a fun day yesterday but it was freezing!!! We took the kids out to ride their razor scooters and play with their Stomp Rockets and it was so cold. When we got back in the car an hour later it was 40 degrees...brrrrrr! I know, that's nothing for some of you brave souls, but for me that's cold. We came home and warmed up with some hot chocolate, followed by a pot of beef stew and cornbread for dinner. Nothing tastes better than soup on a cold day! To brave the cold I dressed warm:



Details:
-Ruffle front tank-Loft (Spring 2010)
-Element Open Cardigan-Pac Sun (Fall 2010)
-Skinny cords-Loft (Fall 2010)
-Riding boots-Old Navy (Fall 2009)
-Necklace-Fossil
-Earrings-Old Navy
-Ring-Forever 21

I sorta looked like I was ready to go horse-back riding...I liked the look anyways. =)

This morning when I was getting ready for church I decided to mix some older items from my closet with a few newer items:





Details:
-Ikat print tank-J Crew Outlet (Fall 2010)
-Pencil Skirt-Banana Republic Outlet (Winter 2008)
-V-Neck Cardigan-Loft (Fall 2010)
-Tights-American Eagle (Winter 2010)
-Ruffle Heels-Old Navy (Fall 2009)
-Belt-Banana Republic (OLD!!-2003)
-Necklace-Loft (Summer 2010)
-Earrings-Nordstrom (Summer 2010)
-Ring-OLD!

I'm planning on getting to bed early tonight (before midnight) since tomorrow will be back to the grind. Farewell vacation...you will be missed. Here's to a good start to the week!

8 comments:

  1. You look so cute in both outfits - I'm sure your boys had a blast with their scooters and rockets (thanks btw for answering about your 4yo/razors) I love the subtle detail on those black tights - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both outfits! I am definitely getting an equestrian vibe from the first look, in a good way. :)

    And I'm about to go make some soup too. Nothing better than soup on a cold day (PS - I think 40's is cold too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that J Crew Top paired with your LOFT cardi...great combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I recognize that gold cardi from Loft, LOL!! You look so stylish and cute in your outfits. I am in love with those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mixing! Hey funny - my boys got Razors and Stomp Rockets for Xmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits! I really like today's outfit with the yellow cardi...so cheerful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the golden yellow color of your cardigan. And your ruffled peep toes are adorable! I have a pair of similarly-patterned tights that I have been trying to figure out how to wear...I think I will try to take some inspiration from your styling.

    Thanks, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that yellow cardigan. Wow! And 40 degrees is cold for me, too, haha! It's in the low 60s over here and I'm already complaining far too much! Also, those shoes are AMAZING with your skirt outfit. Seriously. Love. It.

    ReplyDelete