Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Color Combo

I have never really been one to stray too far from my normal preferred types of clothing and color combinations when it comes to getting dressed in the morning, until this year, really. Since I started reading fashion blogs and then starting one myself I've gained a little more guts and desire to step outside my little normal box and try some new things which has been fun! This morning I came up with something I thought I'd NEVER wear...yellow and green together. This may not be so odd to some, but I have never come close to pairing these two colors together ever. I'm pleasantly surprised with how it turned out though! I balanced it out with my new dark grey skinny cargos (I got these on sale for UNDER $12 at Old Navy last week--they are the very inexpensive version of J Brand skinny cargos in my opinion).



Details:
-Molded and Melded Tee-Anthropologie (recent birthday gift from my friend Elise)
-Cardigan-Loft (one of my favorite fall purchases!!)
-Skinny Cargos-Old Navy
-Flats-Gap (OLD)
-Necklace-Banana Republic Outlet
-Earrings-Kenneth Cole via Macy's
-Bracelet-Twisted Silver
-Ring-Forever 21

Last night we took the kids to a local pumpkin patch/bouncy house attraction...it was fun to all go out together for family night. We weren't sure how muddy it was going to be so we all put on our rain boots for the occasion...me and the boys at least. I picked up my rain boots up at Gap Outlet a few months back and they happened to match my outfit perfectly last night...total coincidence! Before the rain boots, I was wearing some grey flats. My husband snapped a quick picture for me:



Details:
-Tank-Old Navy (Summer 2010)
-Set the Course cardigan-Anthropologie
-Skinny Jeans-Banana Republic
-Rain boots-Gap Outlet
-Bag-Gap (end of Summer 2010--$20!)
-Necklace-Lisa Leonard Designs
-Earrings-American Eagle
-Ring-Forever 21

I was lucky enough to pick this cardigan up last week on super sale for just $19.99...it was normally $88! Score! Love me a good Anthro sale!

And here is a quick picture we took before we headed out for some ice cream...it's virtually impossible to get all my boys to look at the camera at the same time. I can't wait to take family pictures this week for our Christmas cards (sigh).



I'm off to work in my son's class this afternoon...always fun! Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Love the green/yellow combo! I think the trick to making it look good is for your colors to be more muted. I once wore a bright kelly green dress with a bright yellow cardigan...I felt like a walking Sprite bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo in the first outfit...thats one of the best parts of having a fashion blog....you try things you otherwise might not have:)

    You look great!!

    Enter my awesome Tulle giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the green and yellow combo. I think they look great paired together. I'm totally with you on dressing outside my comfort zone. Since I started reading and blogging about fashion I step out of it and try things I never would have before. I had no idea that I really didn't know what I was doing when it came to dressing myself. I'm still figuring it out. You always have great outfit posts. Good luck with family pictures! I know how hard that is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your family picture!! Your boys are so cute - 3 boys -that's what my sister had an it was always mass chaos at her house - love it! You are so skinny to have those 3 little guys - you go girl! I love your Old Navy finds - always the best. I loved that pink/purple tank and could never find it in my size. Great sale handbag too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always get a big smile on my face when i see BYU gear. especially when i am not expecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, wow - your boys all look like your hubby! Those distinctive eyes, I guess. =)
    Love both outfits. Good for you for dressing a little outside your 'box'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the green and yellow together. Your boys are soooo adorable, such a great family pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow and green look great together, and I really love your pumpkin patch outfit - that cardi was such a great buy! YOUR BOYS!!! They are so adorable, and look so close in age - how far apart are they? What a gorgeous family! And may the force be with you for family pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yellow and green! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute...I'm pretty sure I have that same yellow Loft cardigan...I think the green goes well with it :) The pumpkin picture with your whole family is adorable!

    MixandMatchFashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have an adorable family! We are cardi twins and I'm glad I picked it up too. I love the yellow green together - you totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute family photo at the pumpkin patch! I really like the green and yellow combo, and the Gap rain boots look cute and functional.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your family is adorable!! I really love your yellow/green combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This yellow/green combo is great. I could see it looking really cute with a pair of "cognac" or dark brown pants, as well. And your pumpkin patch outfit is so cute. I love the print on the ON blouse -- I have the yellow version of the cardigan, and I wish I'd had the chance to wear it more before summer was over.

    What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color combo! I think the tones of the yellow and green you paired keep it looking great and fallish (instead of lemon lime)! I love that family picture of you guys....gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous family! Your boys look like triplets! Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love yellow and green together!! I am with you on the kids not all looking at the camera! You have such cute kids!! I love your rain boots, that is something I want to branch out and try...

    ReplyDelete