Thursday, September 16, 2010

Here's what I've been wearing this week...

Pardon the marathon OOTD postings...I finally installed Photoshop onto my laptop so now I can get back to business with my photos! Here we go:

Sunday:



Details:
-Sheep Meadow Dress-Shabby Apple
-Red "Taki Mary Jane Pumps"-Target (you can't really tell they're red--bad lighting!)
-Bangles-Gap
-Necklace-Tiffany
-Earrings-Express
-Candy Bowl Ring-Banana Republic-no longer online

I think I like this dress with red shoes much better than the yellow shoes I wore with it last time...it just pops more.

Monday:



Details:
-Tank-J-Crew
-Cardigan-J Crew Outlet
-Skinny Jeans-Banana Republic (on sale now)
-Rocket Dog Gray Flats-Macy's (on sale for $24.99 last week in-store)
-Necklace-Fossil
-Earrings/Ring-Forever 21
-Bracelet-Express

I came home from dropping off my son at school this day and changed into a long sleeved cardigan because it was FREEZING! I didn't take another picture, but I liked the look of the long sleeved one better than this one with the outfit.

Tuesday:



Details:
-Tiered Tank-Old Navy
-Cardigan-Old Navy
-Skinny Jeans-American Eagle
-Red Flats-Target (again, hard to see that these are red!!)
-Necklace/Ring-Forever 21
-Bracelet-Twisted Silver (gift from my friends Elise)
-Kenneth Cole Earrings-Macy's

Wednesday:



Details:
-Climbing Cowlneck Top-Anthropologie
-Wonder Tee-Down East Basics
-Pulsation Skirt-Anthropologie
-Presta Wedge Sandals-Target
-Necklace-Lisa Leonard Designs
-Earrings-Express
-Bangles-Gap
-Ring-Forever 21

We had a birthday party to go to at a golf course so I figured I'd get a little dressed up for the occassion. I love this fun skirt!

Today:



-Tank-Old Navy
-Cardigan-American Eagle
-Wonder Tee-Down East Basics
-Cropped Skinny Jeans-Gap
-Rocket Dog Gray flats-Macy's-Earrings-Target
-Ring-OLD
-Bracelet-Family piece from my great-great-great Aunt
-Necklace-Lisa Leonard Designs

Today I had NOTHING planned except for babysitting my friend's little boy for a few hours in the morning and then having said friends over for dinner, so I went super casual today. I actually ended up taking a little trip to Gap Outlet after lunch just to get out of the house for a bit until my son got home from school. I ended up finding my youngest son a Halloween shirt (how do I have two older boys and never bought a 18-24 month size Halloween shirt?? I had a 12-18 and a 2T!), a new pair of jeans also for him since after going through the 18-24 month bucket of clothes I realized my two older boys destroyed the knees in all the jeans, and a pair of rain boots for me. I have been looking at getting a pair of Hunter rain boots but when I saw these I decided I'd pay about 1/4 as much as the Hunters and deal. What if we get sent to somewhere (we're military) it hardly ever rains in a few years? That would be a waste of the $125 rain boots! Anyhow, for $35 I picked up these cute alternatives. I had been planning on getting silver rain boots, but when I saw these in purple I really liked them. Purple is kinda a neutral right? Goes with brown, black, green, yellow, cream, white...pretty versatile. I love the socks that fold out over the edges..that's what sealed the deal for me. I also liked that I could adjust the buckle and make them fit a little better around my calf...always an issue!! I can't wait for it to rain now!

In addition to my Gap Outlet purchase, I was able to do a charge send for this cute sweater I've been eyeing for a month now at Gap (retail store--not outlet).



I bought one of those Groupons last month when Gap had their deal going on and it's been burning a hole in my pocket ever since so when I saw this sweater go on sale online I knew it was time to use it. My size in the charcoal color was sold out online so I tracked one down about a half hour away from my house and had them ship it to me so I didn't have to trek down to pick it up. It was either pay gas, $4 for the toll bridge and drag my kids, or $6 for UPS to bring it to my door step. Easy decision. The sweater was regularly $79.50 and when I called to check in-store, they told me it was now $54.99...even cheaper than online! After using my Groupon (by the way, I was stoked they let me use my Groupon over the phone...wasn't sure if they'd go for that) and paying shipping, it only cost about $40...half-off what the original price was. I love a deal!!!

So the next few days should be good mail days! I'm expecting my Gap sweater and my new LOFT boots. When I was cleaning out my mail pile today I found a 40% off one item coupon that expires next week that I forgot I had...might have to pull the trigger on that red coat with the cute ruffle on it. I have a rewards card I could use to put towards it so it would cost me less than $10 in the end...hmmmm...tempting! Should I do it? I keep getting all these cute fall and winter clothes and can't really use them yet because we're still in the 80's here...come on fall...come already!!!

Ok..I'm off to get some things done. Hope evryone has a great day!!!

12 comments:

  1. Love your Shabby Apple dress on Sunday and your J Crew tank on Monday! Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so adorable! I was just thinking that I need to wear my Pulsations skirt one last time this month - it looks cuter than cute on you! My Presta wedges just started to come unglued - horrors - so I quickly ordered another pair today, I can't believe what a staple they've been to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shabby apple dress! And the leopard cardi so cute!! Oh Loft boots? I can't wait to see them. I ordered 5 pair from target.com today - I will pick one or 2 when the arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute!! You always do, I love how you put things together and always look so put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! I called my old navy yesterday to see if they had the red coat in. I want to see it IRL and try it on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...how cute are you??? I LOVE your leopard cardi...you really look great in all of them....:)

    Have a Fashionable Weekend:)
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfits! I have that Shabby Apple dress too. I'll have to try it with red shoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good deal on the cardigan! I think purple boots are great. I have a pair of leopard rainboots that I've got more wear out of than I ever expected. Looking forward to seeing your cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! This is the first time I've stopped by your blog (love the colors) and I have to say, I am SUPER impressed by you planning out your outfits in advance!! I must make a mental note to try and emulate...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Shabby Apple dress - gorgeous!!!!!! You look great in it!

    Can I ask how you found the sizing on the Shabby Apple brand? I heard it runs a bit big and is a longer length but the site doesn't offer enough measurements so I feel comfy enough to pull the trigger. But so many pretty pretty dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan--I worry about my Presta wedges sometimes...I would be so sad to see them break!! Smart to get a second pair!! And YES! Pull out the skirt--it is adorable on you!

    Peggy-5 pairs of boots? How fun to get all those in them mail!! Hope you blog all about them!!

    Lorraine-I went into ON today and still no red ruffle jacket. The inventory lady told me this week they're only getting re-stock in so I won't be able to use the 40% off coupon on it since it's an in-store only coupon I just realized. So bummed!!! Let me know when you see it in store!

    Dahnya--Oh, I wish I was that organized! I don't plan ahead...I was just posting from last week since I didn't have my computer set up for downloading pictures!

    Lisa--Thanks! Almost every dress I have gotten from Shabby Apple has run big, so I would suggest sizing down if they say it "fits generous" for sure. I got this Shabby Apple dress in an XS and it was huge in the bust so I had to have it taken in. I was afraid to go down to an XXS because I didn't want to lose any length. All in all I've really loved the items I've picked up from there so give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great as always, but I especially love your Tuesday outfit! Never would have guessed that both the top and cardi were ON. Very fab!

    ReplyDelete