Friday, September 16, 2016

NYFW SS17 LOOK 1: BIRTHDAY GIRL

New York Fashion Week is my version of Christmas. It's the most amazing, glamorous, thrilling event in the fashion world and I absolutely love every second of it! This was my fourth season attending and it honestly gets better every single time! I went this year with Sarah, my bestie and business partner and her daughter Allie, who is an up-and-coming fashion designer. We had the best weekend...between the shows, backstage access, shopping, a photo shoot, behind the scenes taping of E! Fashion Police, great NYC sights and eats and visiting with family who live there and some who also just happened to be in town, it was a busy four days! Not a lot of sleep happens during Fashion Week...we're too busy having fun!

Friday was our first full day and it also happened to be my birthday! So nice of New York to throw me a party ever year. =) If they're ready to celebrate so am I and you better believe I'm coming dressed to party!





NAVY TOP (I'm wearing size XXS for reference) // CUSTOM PENCIL SKIRT (Valentino Fabric from Mood) // BLACK BOOTIES (I sized down 1/2 size) // SIMILAR CORAL BAG (on sale now!!) // SIMILAR NECKLACE (only $15!) // SUNGLASSES

This gorgeous skirt was every bit as fab as I dreamed it to be! I asked Allie if she would create a crossover hem pencil skirt for me using this Valentino fabric I found at Mood last year in New York and left the rest up to her. She nailed it! The fit is amazing and the design and sewing that went into it is impeccable. PS--She's only 14!!  Watch out fashion world...this girl is coming for ya! The surprise element of the skirt was the fact that it totally glowed in the blue lights at the Project Runway Show we attended that morning. I had people coming up to me after the show asking to look at it because they had seen it from across the runway! I paired the skirt with this cute top I found at J Crew...the sleeves had me at hello! Statement sleeves are all the rage right now and I'm loving the trend! I had Allie shorten the top a little more to give it a true cropped look with the skirt. I finished the look off with heeled booties and a lariat necklace.



Front Row at Project Runway!



The judges always come out first before the show for pictures...right after this pic Heidi came right over by us and hung out while Zandaya was getting her solo pic taken and was super cute...asking us all how we were doing and whatnot. Super down to earth and gracious! And I may have told her I loved her boots.



Worst lighting ever, but we chatted for a few minutes with Nina Garcia after the show and she was just as sweet as ever! And hello...she looks amazing!



With Allie and Sarah after the show!



Post-Show Breakfast!
I scouted out the closest Jamba...lets just say I hung out at Penn Station a few times on this trip. =)

xoxo,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment