Thursday, May 9, 2013

Favorite new item in my closet...

Spring has brought so many great new arrivals online and every once in a while I come across something I just can't don't want to live without.  The Belted Cattleya Tunic from Anthropologie was one of those items for me.  I'm kind of having a serious obsession with tunics this season and this one had my name written all over it!


And a super cute necklace to go with it never hurts either:


Split Surface Belt-Anthropologie
Elench Dollop Hoops-Anthropologie
Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry Chrono" Watch-Piperlime                                                
Bracelet-GroopDealz
Sparkling Dome Ring-Forever 21

I wore this outfit on day two of my trip to Denver last weekend...it was a beautiful day out so a cardigan was all I needed to keep warm.  When I first saw this tunic online I fell hard for it.  It's just one of those pieces I HAD to have.  Definitely a new favorite!  I love the color, the print, the length...and honestly I think it will be very versatile as far as being able to mix and match with different colors.  I'm thrilled with it!  I took it in a size 0, and it fit great.  The size 2 was much more billowy and tent-like so I sized down.  I purchased this necklace to wear to my brother's wedding in a few weeks but thought I'd take it out for a spin a little early.  I have to say, I absolutely love it!  It's one of the most fun necklaces I own I think.  The colors are great, the dimension is fab...it's just a great statement piece.  I highly recommend it if you're in the market for a new piece of neck candy!

Have you jumped on the tunic bandwagon this year?  Are you a statement necklace junkie like me?  Spill it!

This week has gotten away from me so I'm now hoping to get my Anthro fitting room reviews up by early next week.  Stay tuned!

Have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. Jen, I absolutely love this outfit and the necklace. I have seen it paired with many different things so it's a great addition to your wardrobe. Thanks for sharing this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thanks Melissa! I'm excited to add it to the rotation! =)

      Delete
  2. You always look so great! I love tunics...so comfy for me to throw on over leggings and makes it much easier to chase around the toddler. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really are so comfy, agreed! =)

      Delete
  3. This is my first time to comment. I just recently started following your blog, and I'm really enjoying it. For years I worked in the banking world with a very restrictive dress code. I've recently changed industries, and now have more flexibility with my wardrobe. You inspire me to mix patterns and have fun with accessories, while still being appropriate. I've also jumped back in to Polyvore after seeing your sets. It's a great place to store outift ideas and items in my closet. Love the tunic on you. I've added to my wish list at Anthro...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you are so sweet! Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you've been able to get some ideas! Using Polyvore is my #1 suggestion for getting organized and figuring outfits out...it's so helpful!

      Delete
  4. love the pattern mixing in this outfit! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love to pattern mix when I can find a good mash-up! =)

      Delete
  5. That tunic is so perfect on you..and I love the necklace you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I think I need it in my wardrobe too. :) Looks fabulous on you!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty combo! I love that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too darling!! I love your style...you look amazing in all your outfits. Such a unique style. I would love a summer must have list and ways to style them...a packing list for a trip would be great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll see what I can do! =)

      Delete
  9. Those colors could not be more perfect together. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At first I was worried the red/green combo would look to Christmas-y but I think it works since the green is so minty!

      Delete
  10. Great post, I like your blog :) Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete