Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Boutique Shopping on the web...and an OOTD!

Boutique shopping has become a whole new industry thanks to Facebook and Pinterest.  I have found a whole new world of online shops thanks to other people's "Likes", "Shares" and "Pins" of different boutiques.   Boutiques are a great place to pick up pieces that you may not find at the big box stores.  Most boutiques I shop at are out of state.  I simply follow them on Facebook and watch for items to be posted that I like, then I'll either click, email or call to order.  Of course there is always a risk that the item might not work because you can't try it on until you get it, and often times there are no reviews of any sort to read, so I try to stick to items that are inexpensive and that I think I can make work even if it runs a bit big or small.  To date I've been pretty lucky with the items I have purchased.  There is the occasional disappointment but none so big that I have regret over.

One item that I purchased from a boutique a few months ago has become a great staple layering piece in my closet.  Last week I pulled out my ivory semi-sheer polka dot top and paired it with a bold bottom and fun statement necklace to brighten it up a bit.  


Here's how it looked in real life:


Polka Dot Top-Quincee's Boutique
AG Stevie Ankle Denim-Anthropologie
Miz Mooz "Siri" Knee-High Boots
Naturalist Gem Layer Necklace-Anthropologie
Pinspark Cuff-Anthropologie
Tribute Bracelet-Stella & Dot
Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry Chrono" Watch-Piperlime
Double Hoop Earrings-Banana Republic
Linked Circle Ring-Anthropologie

Have you joined in on the boutique bandwagon? What are some of your favorite shops?  Here's a list with links of some of the boutiques I watch (some are the FB pages and some are the actual sites):








(Disclaimer--I am not endorsing any of these shops and have not purchased through all of them myself.  They are simply a sampling of the boutiques I like to look at and occasionally order from).

Happy Browsing! =)

15 comments:

  1. I just found Bella Ella through FB! I can't wait to be back in normal clothes and order a few items for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that feeling of just wanting to wear normal clothes again! Hope the end is near for ya!!!

      Delete
  2. Bella Ella. They are just down the street! I love their clearance rack, and they have a great bin that has clothes that have a small thing wrong with them, like missing a button. Their jewelry is the main reason I shop there. And the coupons I get in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koo De Ker is not far from me. Fun place to shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I just found them recently and think they have some really cute stuff!

      Delete
  4. I love apple tree boutique from uk. They have gorgeous clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion...I'l have to check that one out!

      Delete
  5. I love White Plum, she has just added clothes to the line. I've been eyeing a lot of the jewelry. Glad you mentioned some new ones for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White Plum is another recent find of mine...very cute things!

      Delete
  6. I am always on the lookout for a new boutique!! One of my favorites is Red Dress Boutique. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at them every now and again too! Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete
  7. Try thebluedoorboutique.com I love them! I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant so not a lot boutique shopping happening for me at the moment but I love to browse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! Perfect pairing for brown riding boots <3

    ReplyDelete