Friday, October 12, 2012

What to Wear: Weekend Edition

On the weekends I usually have lots of errands to run, a few activities to do and I try to make some time for relaxing as well.  I like to be comfy, yet try to look cute and put together.  Here in the mid-west it's all about layers right now as the colder months have begun.  I'm quite thankful for the collection of cardigans I've acquired over the past few years as they are getting a workout, daily!  Last weekend was the Fall Festival at my kids' school.  I wanted to dress comfortably enough to be walking around playing the games with them so here's what I came up with:


Foreword Tunic-Down East Basics/ Blanched & Buckled Cardigan-Anthropologie/ Jeggings-American Eagle/ Dollhouse Boots-Endless (now Amazon)/ Rotary Dial Necklace-Anthropologie/ Double-Hoop Earrings-Banana Republic/ Ring-Forever 21

Original set idea can be found HERE on Polyvore.  I changed out the shoes for practicality reasons and the jewelry because I was in the mood to wear this necklace. =)

When I saw this tunic on Down East's site last month I immediately ordered it. I absolutely love it!  It's the perfect tunic length and the print and colors are a very cute combination.  It's very similar to a top Anthro offered a few years back but this one fit me much better and was a fraction of the cost...it's a win-win!

What are your go-to pieces for the weekend?  Do you glam it up?  Do you dress down?  Or somewhere in the middle like me?

What are you up to this weekend?  Tonight we're taking the kids to see the movie "Frankenweenie".   I love holiday movies!  This one looks really cute so hopefully it's a hit for all.  Tomorrow is the annual craft day for the women at my church so I'll be heading over to that to get my craft on.  This is the first time in 5 years I get to just go and enjoy the day without being in charge of it so I'm excited!  

Whatever you're up to this weekend, have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. I love chunky sweaters and boots! I can't wait to wear them. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I really wish I would have purchased this sweater. It's perfect. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the tunic and sweater, supercute and perfect for the weekend!!
    xoxo, jillian

    http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete