Monday, August 27, 2012

My weekend...and a little Columbus Fashion Week talk

Holy cow, the weekend flew!  Can't figure out how it's already Monday again!  It was back to reality and back to the routine bright and early this morning...my older boys headed off to school and my littlest guy and I headed off to the gym where I took an hour long cycle class that kicked my butt!  In a good way, of course.  Feeling good now!  I came home, unpacked a few more boxes, hung a few more things on the wall, and am now avoiding the last 7 boxes that need to be unpacked in my guest room.  Better get on that since I have a guest coming soon!  So excited my BFF is coming to visit me next week!

We had a good weekend...went to a swim party and BBQ on Friday night, I got my hair done, hubby got working on putting together our office, and we went to dinner at a new to us Mexican restaurant on Saturday, then we went to church and just relaxed yesterday...good old fashioned family time is always welcome!  Saturday morning I got a fun phone call from one of the CMH (Columbus) Fashion Week coordinators inviting me to come interview the designers that will be showing at this year's fashion week in October, as well as to get a sneak peek at the looks they'll be sending down the runway.  They were holding the interviews/sneak peeks at the first model fittings which were that very afternoon.  I was so honored to be asked, and wanted so badly to go, but since we already had plans that afternoon I had to pass.  I had submitted my info when I saw a call for local fashion bloggers on Facebook to cover the event just that morning not realizing the event was that day, and got the phone call not 20 minutes later.  Hopefully I can be a little more aware of what's going on next year and try to get in on the action!  It would have been so fun to get a peek at the designers' clothing they plan to walk, and to interview them for my blog.  I'm hoping to attend some part of fashion week in October.  I've never gone to a fashion week...have you?  Anyone out there planning on attending CMH (Columbus) Fashion week?  Let me know!   You can check out all the CMH Fashion week info on their website HERE or on Facebook HERE.

I'll leave you with an outfit I wore recently...this top has been worn many times on my blog...it's one of my favorites!  Nothing like getting that cost per wear down, right?!!


Alstroemeria Tee-Anthropologie/ Jackie Cardigan-J Crew Factory/ AG Stevie Ankle Denim-Anthropologie/ Ricochets Necklace-Anthropologie/ Bracelet-Silpada/ Fireworks Ring-Banana Republic

Hope your week gets off to a great start!

15 comments:

  1. what a great top!! so pretty!

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you are wearing! I can see why you wear that top a lot, it is gorgeous!


    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top/pants combination - some of my favourite colours there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite anthro tops -especially on you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skylette! It's an Anthro classic, for sure!

      Delete
  5. You are the reason I HAD to own top - I love the gorgeous looks you put together with it, and this is no exception, what a great pairing! The colors are so unexpected, and look awesome together! I hope the fashion week crew will call you back for another opportunity soon, that sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you're so sweet Jan! Thanks!! I love seeing how you style it too to get more ideas! =)

      Delete
  6. Love your outfit. I've told u before but u rock the skinny Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ensemble totally rocks. Loving the combo as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting moment to be selected for the fashion week event, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete