Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Obsession with Statement Necklaces...and an OOTD

There are a few things I would say I obsess a little over more than the average person.  I have an obsession with shoes (don't judge, you know you do to), I have an obsession with Jamba Juice (I literally have to ween myself off in the next two months because there isn't one where we're moving), I have a slight obsession with working out (in a healthy way, I promise) and I have an obsession with big, bold statement necklaces...mostly of the Anthropologie breed.  I don't know what it is about Anthro and their chunky necklaces as of late, but I seriously cannot get enough!   Case in point:


Simply amazing.  The color is divine, the shape of the beads is fun and the ability to change the length of the necklace is great.  Total must have!


The minute I saw this necklace in person I knew it would be coming home with me, no question.  It is so pretty and perfect for spring/summer. I've worn it a few times already and have no regrets paying full price for this beauty, whatsoever.


This gorgeous necklace has actually been around for quite sometime but it's been only recently that I decided I NEED it in my collection.  It goes with a ton of things in my closet!


I love the casualness of this cute necklace, but it's just special enough to be able to be thrown on with a blouse and pencil skirt as well.  Perfect!  


This is Anthro's latest amazing statement necklace that will be finding it's way to my collection.  It is stunning online and I can't wait to see it in person.  Yes, please!   I really do feel like I'm looking at a bowl of Neapolitan ice cream with some yellow and blue sprinkles on top.  YUM!!  How can one pass up such an delicious concoction?

***Small disclaimer--In reality I of course don't NEED any of these beautiful pieces...but it's fun to proclaim to NEED and MUST HAVE them anyway! =)

So what are your obsessions?  Are you an Anthro statement necklace hoarder like me?  I can run with the best of them, I tell ya!  I may hoard statement necklaces but I do actually wear them too!  You should know that the word "hoard" and me have never been used in the same sentence before.  I'm actually the anti-hoarder.  I throw everything away.  Ask my husband.  It drives him crazy.  But not statement necklaces.  Nope, the more the merrier I say! =)

While I love a chunky statement necklace, I actually do wear delicate pieces around my neck sometimes as well, believe it or not.  Here's proof...I bring you my outfit from Monday:


What I Wore
Salix Petal Blouse-Anthropologie
Cardigan-Loft
Always Skinny Jeans-Gap
Land & Lake Heels-Anthropologie
Necklace-J Crew Factory
Earrings-Francesca's Collections
Ring-Forever 21

We were having a cold weather day so out came the long-sleeved cardigan once again. 

One last thing...I wanted to share with you my new lipstick color I'm wearing right now...it's perfect for spring:


It is the perfect formula of lipstick because it's shiny when it goes on, making it look like a lip gloss, but without the sticky mess!  I love the way lip gloss looks but can't stand my hair getting stuck to my lips every other minute so this is the perfect solution.  The color is a light pink that goes on looking a shade or two pinker than my lips, but still pretty neutral which is perfect for a spring or summer day.  Love!  Just thought I'd share. 

Happy half-way through the week!  May Friday come fast!!! =)










23 comments:

  1. I love that ampay necklace too and think it will be coming home with me next month when I use my bday discount. The colors in it are so so pretty! And love your outfit, those land and lake heels are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the Ampay, Jessica...it's so fun to style! And yay for your b-day discount...fun!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you and Jessica....I heart the Ampay Necklace....I think it actually looks more stunning in person!! Love your OOTD. Those shoes are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayaka! I agree about the necklace...it's even better in real life!

      Delete
  3. Ampay Necklace = super pretty! Your outfit is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top is brilliant on you & I like it w/the bright cardi. The last necklace is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see that necklace in real life...I have a feeling it'll be love. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I seem to be on a statement necklace "kick" lately too...it's amazing how it can take a basic outfit and totally transform it! Love your necklace picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say adding jewelry is the best way to amp up an outfit for sure...gotta have lots of choices, right?! =)

      Delete
  6. Omigoodness YES - it's been all shoes and necklaces for me lately! I used to feel self conscious in statement necklaces, but I find myself wearing them more and more lately. I also love, love that last one - but I'm not sure I can swallow the full price...Anthro has really been churning out beauties this Spring in the accessories department!

    Love your OOTD - that blouse is so pretty, and I'm loving your hair blown out straight with your new cute - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan!!! Um yes, there's something about these necklaces that I just can't let go..Love them! And you know I love my shoes! =) The last necklace is definitely a little on the pricier side...think I'm gonna have to hold out for sale on that for now...hope it sticks around!

      Delete
  7. HI Jenni, sadly I don't have a shoe obsession, it's my least favorite thing to buy. But, I do obssess over everything J Crew and have a majorly large cardi collection dating back to 2007. Your outfit above is so cute. Anthro does have some beautiful necklaces, I only own one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be glad you don't have a shoe obsession Molly..it's not a cheap obsession! haha But then again a J Crew obsession isn't cheap either I suppose...at least you have it narrowed down to just one! =) Thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE all of your statement necklace pics! I had to grab the first two pictured in this post. The Hollowed Harmonics Necklace was the last one in a store when I was in San Francisco recently; it was on a mannequin, and I had to have it taken it down. It was love at first sight! Now, I'm off to find that Color Goes on Necklace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting (not so) patiently for the Hollowed Harmonics to go on sale...it is such a fun piece! Great score on your part for sure!

      Delete
  9. Hi, first off I just want to say that I love your blog and your sense of style. You have inspired many outfits and styling ideas that I would never have come up with on my own, so thanks! I picked up the last necklace yesterday and it is quite lovely. I did not realize it until I got home because I was using a gift card but the price was $58. Not sure if it was mismarked or what. Lastly, love your OOTD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You're so sweet! And WOW! I think you scored that necklace for a great deal...it must have been mis-marked! I haven't seen it in real life yet...can't wait! Enjoy!

      Delete
  10. Hi Jenny!

    I like your new hair! Super cute for spring.

    Buttershine lipsticks for me--- are the best Clinique product EVER--Im very fair/warm with red hair and I can wear SO many of them because of the almost sheer but not quite color (unusual because most colors look awful on me). I LOVE Delovely....its definitely my fav! The one downer is the slippy-ness (is that a word? lol) of the texture/formula makes them come right off :(

    If you love the color you have on in the pic---also try NARS Damage....its a slightly warmer sheer pink-- and it looks GREAT with Chanel Nude lipliner...blended a bit.

    I havent commented in a while--been so super busy. We graduate on 19 May and then PCS to Ft Lewis....(I know I already told you but Im SO excited!!) lol

    Have a great weekend!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting close!!! SO exciting! Thanks, by the way! I'm loving my shorter cut in the warm weather, for sure. Thanks for the tip about the Nars...I'll have to take a look! I love hearing what others like..so helpful!

      Delete
  11. Shoes? Good grief, you know I'm all in. I'm a Statement Necklace-a-holic for sure too. I lean toward the more simple design when they're large and in charge, like the Hollowed Harmonics. I'm totally eyeing that one. Love the straight 'do. I shy away from lipgloss too, however I don't have any hair to get stuck in it! I just always seem to get it on me...a sleeve, my arm, my kids' hair when they sit on my lap....makes me feel a bit claustrophobic. Must check out these clinique lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! Yes, you and I definitely share a few similarities in our "-aholic" behavior! =) Shoes and Jewelry rock!

      Delete