Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A little nip and tuck...

First off, thanks for all the well wishes on our upcoming move!  It was so fun to hear that a handful of you are actually from the mid-west yourselves!  I loved reading all your great tips...keep 'em coming! =)  We are in the process of trying to figure out when we'll head back to look for housing and whatnot so I'll be busy with lots of research about everything Ohio in next few months I'm sure!

So if you read my blog you know I have a serious love for Anthropologie.  It is by far my favorite clothing store.  I do however take notice of other stores, believe it or not!  One online store that I like to browse often is Ruche.  They offer cute, mostly affordable clothing, shoes, accessories and more and release new inventory all the time.  While not everything they offer falls into my particular style box, often times I can find pieces that would fit into my wardrobe nicely, at a less expensive price than I might find myself paying at Anthro.  One particular item I found recently (and I think I mentioned it before in a previous post) was this cute top:


Don't you just love this gorgeous color? It's what caught my eye as I was looking online. I ended up ordering it in the smallest size it came in (size small).  When it came I loved the color even more and really loved the style.  However, it was SUPER blousey on me.  I decided to keep it anyway and tried it out one Sunday with a pencil skirt.  After church I snapped a picture (that never made it's way onto this blog) and realized that even tucked in, it just looked a little too sloppy.  I ended up taking it to my tailor to get it altered.   I had them take it in through the body and the sleeves a bit.  I picked it up a few days later and when I tried it on I found the fit to be spot on!  I love the tailor.   All this cute top needed was a little nip and tuck and now it's perfect!

I pulled it out and wore it last Friday night when hubs and I went out on our date:


What I Wore:
Earrings-Francesca's Collections
Ring-Forever 21

Total keeper.  It's a great piece that can be dressed up or down, worn alone or layered and goes with a ton of different colors.  Score!

By the way, sorry for the spotlight on my face...the sun was setting and just happened to be right on me apparently!

Another item I'm loving right now at Ruche is this dress:

Dress



It's called the North by North Ruffle Dress.  It's a little too short for my liking to wear as a dress but since I'm well acquainted with the tailor now I thought it would be fun to have it altered into a tunic length top.  I'd love to wear it like this:

North by North Ruffle Dress--turned tunic

North by North Ruffle Dress--turned tunic by jennifoundinmycloset featuring cropped capri pants

What do you think?  You think a little altering could be an easy fix for this piece too?  Do you ever buy clothing with the intent to alter it?

Hmmm...I'll have to think on it.

In the mean time, hope you're having a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!







1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am loving the way the sun is hitting you - you look GORGEOUS!!! The color of that blouse is beautiful - so glad you found a way to work out the fit. I love those bangles too, I think I need to pull the trigger on them.

    ReplyDelete