Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Blogging...and I need your opinion!

Hi all! It's been a while. I had good reason for being away...we really enjoyed our long 3-day weekend around here! I made some crafts, had a girl's night out (that may or may not have included a trip to Anthro), spent the night at my parent's house for a swim party and BBQ on Labor day...lots of fun all around. Now I'm back! Even though I wasn't blogging, I've still been taking some pictures of what I've been wearing so I have some OOTD's to catch up on. I'll share one with you tonight...this outfit actually comes from last Tuesday when I went to my boys' Back to School Night. I saw Kim from Anthroholic post about this cute top from Forever 21 and HAD to have it immediately! I searched my local store for it and came up empty handed so I resorted to ordering online. It came, and I was super excited to see that it was even cuter in-person than in the picture! I'm a sucker for polka dots and ties at the neck lately.



Details:
-Polka Dot Top-Forever 21
-Jackie Cardigan-J Crew Factory
-Artist Crop Jeans-American Eagle
-Seychelles "Purr" Wedge Sandals-Nordstrom (ON SALE NOW!)
-Fossil Necklace-Macy's
-Earrings-Nordstrom
-Bracelet-Shabby Apple
-Ring-Pree Brulee

Hunter green is a color I don't gravitate to very often but I adore it mixed with these shades of peach and dark camel. It's fun to change it up a bit!

So this week I am turning 31. Friday to be exact. Hubby told me he wants to take me shopping and let me pick out something(s) from a store of my choosing. I of course jumped on board and told him I'd love to go have some fun at Anthropologie! =) So I have a predicament....what on earth do I get? I have a wish list a mile long so I really have to pare it down. I don't typically purchase items over like $60 from Anthro (every once in a while, but not often)...I usually wait around for a sale to hit so I can get a better deal. For my birthday, however, it's a different story. This is the one time of year I get to push that rule aside. So here are the things I'm looking at right now:

The Short List--Birthday Wish List





Which item(s) off my short-list would you get? Which would be worth paying full-price for? I've never tried on either pair of shoes, but have seen the Chiseled Wedges in person and LOVED them. Either way, they will end up in my closet. I'm intrigued by the Mary Janes as well but haven't seen them in person yet. I've tried on both the coat and jacket and loved them both. The necklace would be a fun addition to my accessories and the jeans are adorable! I tried them on last weekend and actually ended up bringing them home in the gold color. They were one of the items I picked up with my birthday discount. So what would you get?

Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. If you definitely want the Chiseled Wedges sooner or later, why not get them sooner? Will you be regretting it forever if your size sells out before they hit sale? (I may be biased here, as being a size 5 means that I don't yet own any shoes from Anthro--I haven't found any that I love enough to pay full price.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early birthday! I have been eying the Chiseled Wedges for a while. i would pay full price for those. :) i love the jeans too. Can't wait to see what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy soon-to-be-birthday! I agree with the other Lisa, LOVE the chiseled wedges, please get those! ;o)

    (BTW, you look fantabulous on those dots!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your outfit today! I am thinking I need to get that top!! I would totally get the chiseled wedges as well and also the jacket or coat! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that top!

    My birthday is coming up this month as well, so I've been thinking about how I'm going to use my anthro discount. I love the jeans and those mary janes are gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you end up with. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would get the jacket. I think that color would look insane on you! It's definitely worth full price. Have fun on you shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a coat-aholic, so that Frilled Echelons Peacoat would have my name all over it! :) Can't wait to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    I love love this outfit!

    The Frilled Coat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy early Birthday! I love this Forever 21 top! Super cute on you but you always look fabulous!

    I think I would purchase the items that you think will sell out in your size and be items your will reach to over and over again in the coming months. I think the Bowed Lacerta Mary-Janes and the Pilcro Jeans are a must. I purchased the Frilled Echelons Peacoat in Moss and I love it oh so much and can't wait to wear it. I think those 3 items are a must for Fall! I would check online stock of how many are left in your size in the Chiseled Heels to see if you need to get those too! :) I hope you share what you get with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so pretty in that outfit! What an adorable top on you :) I highly recommend the Pansy coat - I bought it myself and it's one of my favourite purchases of the past year. It is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy early birthday, girl! How exciting...the conundrum....I say those wedges are fantastic, but if you can wait, I think they'll make it to sale. I also think the pansy coat will make it to sale. The colored jeans I think will sell, and I plan on getting the green with my birthday discount next month. That ruffle coat is so fun, and that shade of turquoise would look phenomenal on you. My vote? Jeans, then ruffle jacket, then chiseled wedges. But you can't go wrong with any of your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My #1 pick are the mary janes. I might be biased because I love them. I've already worn them and they are soooo comfy and I think they'll sell out. I think the wedges will make it to sale. I also think the sweater coat will hit sale - because it's not going to flatter a lot of people, including me! My 2nd choice are the Pilcro jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so nice to be spoiled when it's your birthday! I love the jacket, that's my vote! I'm tempted to order the moss and hope it fits in a couple of months... My second pick would be the wedges - they look so "you" and I know you are a shoe girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenni....like both of your coat choices. I am curious to see how the Ruffled Pea Coat looks on, it is adorable. Like both of your shoes choices, love the mary janes, they are perfect for fall. I just bought the Brushed Lace Pullover and Starred Entry Tee in Orange and love them both. It's been to hot in Sacramento to wear these shirts....I believe you live in Sac too? I am in Natomas. Items that I want for fall:Hitched Knee Boot & Oxitized Ruffle coat. Have fun birthday shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the input and advice ladies! I'm still not sure what I'm gonna get...who knew shopping could be so stressful?! =) Good stress though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and Bridgette--I am in the bay area actually but we're only about an hour from Roseville. Love that Anthro!

    ReplyDelete